PDRocket3OHIO

Standard Bore
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 2018
Hello, I bought a 2018 Rocket 3 Matte Black from a local dealer 3 weeks ago. I LOVE it! I need help though, I am struggling to find parts since Triumph in their infinite wisdom discontinued everything, LOL! I have bought the following... Engine guards EBAY, Windshield and mounts DEALER, Bags and backrest DEALER, Pad for backrest DEALER having HD make PAD, Rear guards DEALER, etc.

I need the following...

Teardrop mirrors

Fog Lamps

Highway adjustable mounts and pegs (extended out, I am 6'5")

Maybe speakers and other ideas

Any suggestions and help would be appreciated. I am OK with off brand, but prefer Triumph where possible.

OHIO, USA

Thank you,

Paul

Hello, I bought a 2018 Rocket 3 Matte Black from a local dealer 3 weeks ago. I LOVE it! I need help though, I am struggling to find parts since Triumph in their infinite wisdom discontinued everything, LOL! I have bought the following... Engine guards EBAY, Windshield and mounts DEALER, Bags and backrest DEALER, Pad for backrest DEALER having HD make PAD, Rear guards DEALER, etc.

I need the following...

Teardrop mirrors

Fog Lamps

Highway adjustable mounts and pegs (extended out, I am 6'5")

Maybe speakers and other ideas

Any suggestions and help would be appreciated. I am OK with off brand, but prefer Triumph where possible.

OHIO, USA

Thank you,

Paul
hang on tight @Ishrub WILL BE HERE SOON WITH A WHOLE BUNCH OF STUFF FROM THE WEB

If you tend to ride above the speed limit or say 70 or so keep the mickey mouse mirrors you'll be able to see out them. The tear drops are good looking but vibrate to much and at higher speeds will move on ya.
Thank you, do the oval work better? I am seldom over 70 since I mainly ride back roads...

If you tend to ride above the speed limit or say 70 or so keep the mickey mouse mirrors you'll be able to see out them. The tear drops are good looking but vibrate to much and at higher speeds will move on ya.
Never had any issues with my teardrops...

I have a set of these Triumph fog lights and a new in box Front End Fixing kit. If you Google A9738110 you will see they were not cheap.

Here in Oz AU$428.57 or in UK £214.99 & £240.00
Fog Light Kit | Triumph Motorcycles

Fog Light Kit

Triumph Fog Light Kit | A9738110

upload_2019-7-3_15-23-46.png

The Triumph factory switch housing fits 1" bar with dual toggle switches for Fog lights and Triumph heated gloves switch for heated gloves or other accessories.
Fitting Instructions:
https://www.triumphinstructions.com/proddocs/a9938142-en.pdf

Fog Light Kit - Triumph ROCKET III, CLASSIC & ROADSTER | Triumph ROCKET III, CLASSIC & ROADSTER Fog Light Kit supplied next day (UK only) by Fowlers Parts

The plugs on part #13 in image below changed with the VIN numbers. I do not have that part #13 anyway which is no longer made or sold and is easily replaced with standard relay wiring. I have the rest of the parts in the image. Lights #4 and switch housing #14, #15, brand new never fitted.
13 Harness, Switch, Fog Lights A9930063
THIS PART IS NOW OBSOLETE
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
$12.25 inc. VAT(£6.80)

FOG LAMP KIT
Up to VIN 237540 A9738042

From VIN 237541 A9738110

Requires Front End Fixing Kit A9738051. This is the same as that used for the Triumph large screens or Flyscreens and can be fitted with them as well.

upload_2019-7-3_14-52-1.png

FOG LAMP KIT A9738110
Requires Front End Fixing Kit A9738051

d5031e5ed5199c5fc519bf3c14dcf8ad.png

#1 Fixing Kit Front End A9738051

c314dc86fbdb8926979be8c7188fabf3.png

I can also still get brand new Triumph Screen Lowers A9748063, but many forum member shave made their own with a template available in a thread here.

LOWER AIR DEFLECTORS A9748063. These fit on in addition to the Front End Fixing Kit and any accessory screens or fog lights fitted.

upload_2019-7-3_15-1-1.png

Bugger all speaker systems work without very expensive gear and a Corbin / Harley type screen. I have tried 2 systems with the biggest Triumph screens with big screen extensions all round.
That was a 4 speaker system and a 2 speaker system with underseat amplifiers and they were both crap over 70kph 40mph. I also tried a cheapo Chinese handlbar nount 2 speaker system which was fine for stopped use with radio but again a waste of space when moving along. Now de-cluttered!;):D

The factory adjustable h'way peg mounts A9750455 are a real rip off and identical Chinese eBay ones are 25% delivered with Kuryakyn copy pegs included.

Aftermarket:

Black
32mm 1 1/4" Highway Foot Pegs Mount Clamp For Harley Honda Suzuki Engine Guard 898760970486 | eBay

Black Motorcycle Male Mount Dually Footpeg Set For Harley Davidson Highway | eBay

Chrome
Motorcycle Chrome Highway Footpeg Engine Guards Peg Mounts 1 1/4" Magnum Clamp 699921796316 | eBay

32mm 1.25" Chrome Angled Peg Highway Engine Guard Foot Pegs For Har ley AU | eBay

Factory Triumph:

ADJUSTABLE HIGHWAY PEG MOUNT A9750455 for use with 1.25" Triumph Crash bars.

upload_2019-7-3_15-46-10.png

HIGHWAY PEGS, LOGO - CHROME A9750459
For use with either A9750455 or A9750463 Mounting Kits
upload_2019-7-3_15-48-18.png

Last edited:
Thank you, do the oval work better? I am seldom over 70 since I mainly ride back roads...
Not sure in the oval. But when I get home in a couple weeks I'll make sure I bring them back to post and sell. Oh and the fog lights are great the brackets are again prone to high speed vibration failure. For those tha say there have never failed again I say high speed!!!!! You would be better off putting the money into some good LED headlights. I still have mine as I do like them they just need stonger mounts.

Back