Heel and toe....OR NOT

Big Si

.040 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 Classic 2006
I have an '06 Classic including as you would expect foot boards and a heel and toe gear change...("shifter" for the Septics !!)
I like the boards, but find the heel part of the heel and toe "shifter" a pain in the arse and was wondering if there was an easy way to change to just a toe shift that didn't involve just grinding off the heel part!! I can use just the toe to change up and down but can't really get my foot properly underneath it and use the welt on the sole of my boot to "shift" up gears!
Help welcome and appreciated !

I have an '06 Classic including as you would expect foot boards and a heel and toe gear change...("shifter" for the Septics !!)
I like the boards, but find the heel part of the heel and toe "shifter" a pain in the arse and was wondering if there was an easy way to change to just a toe shift that didn't involve just grinding off the heel part!! I can use just the toe to change up and down but can't really get my foot properly underneath it and use the welt on the sole of my boot to "shift" up gears!
Help welcome and appreciated !

IMG_0711.JPG
Still looking for a single toe shifter so I can tuck my heel against the motor. The size and tooth count is British

Apologies for not paying attention, I was having an argument with someone on UKGS'er, (Good forum by the way) Same question as Big Cruisers 4 Me, that's just the ticket, more details please if you have them,and I appreciate the photo :)

I thought this would be a thread about polkas. I must live too close to Pennsylvania.

Apologies for not paying attention, I was having an argument with someone on UKGS'er, (Good forum by the way) Same question as Big Cruisers 4 Me, that's just the ticket, more details please if you have them,and I appreciate the photo :)
May not be PLUG AND PLAY - need to have a look as I THINK I had to make a different sized bush I had them on another bike and removed them when I sold it. I will have a look once the sun is up and reply again.

But in the UK contact DISCOVOLANTE Universal rearsets

OK you are paying for two and bits you may not need. You can however order spare parts - that might work out cheaper but best would be to speak to them and explain so you don't miss anything. Also - I would upgrade the rod ends for GOOD Rose Joints.

OK BarbaGris. One Brake Lever, one change lever offset 5 mm, two Uniball M6, one toe peg. Will these just fit with the fixing hardware that is holding the shifter in place now?

IMG_0712.JPG
81489_304705ef5991688374e8a43e5c1aa927.jpg

Last edited:
Back