Heated Grip Tear Out vs Stock Grips

Bedifferent

Old man on a bike
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
The current heated grip thread I have seen posted reminded me to ask this question. It appears there are a lot of problems with the heated throttle grips tearing out a the point where the throttle cable attaches to the grip. The question is....Does the stock grip found on the rocket also have this same problem? How many of you have had this issue with your stock grip doing the same thing?

Mine broke once at about 55,000km but I'm pretty sure it had some assistance from some kids that were mucking about on it while it was parked at work (and their father stood there watching as if they were at a playground). I told them to f*ck off and told the father what I thought of him too, but didn't realise it was broken until I went to ride home several hours later. :mad::mad:

Mine broke once at about 55,000km but I'm pretty sure it had some assistance from some kids that were mucking about on it while it was parked at work (and their father stood there watching as if they were at a playground). I told them to f*ck off and told the father what I thought of him too, but didn't realise it was broken until I went to ride home several hours later. :mad::mad:

You've got to be kidding! I would have killed the little bastards and the Dad too. Nobody touches another mans motorcycle without permission. They probably kept forcing the throttle at the end of its travel, which from my reading can increase the chance of failure. Varooom, varooom!

Get an alarmed disc brake lock, it's a lot less funny when they have to listen to 110 db of noise.

I've even contemplated a Scorpio alarm with proximity detector, just catch them before they start monkeying around on the bike...

From what I've seen, the non-heated grip isn't routinely breaking. But of course there are alternatives out there with great reputations - putting on an isogrip without heat will take literally a couple of minutes.

Back