What other wire? Did your halo light have the plug for the high/low/ground and an additional wire for the halo or do you have two additional wires for the halo?
I will have the light tomorrow. I meant the wires from the parking light. Isnt there 2 wires?

I will have the light tomorrow. I meant the wires from the parking light. Isnt there 2 wires?
If there is, no biggie. The colored wire (I think yellow in your case) goes to the halo lead and the black wire (ground) gets taped and tucked so as not to touch any hot wires. If your halo light has a hot and ground then use hot to hot, ground to ground. You really need the instructions for your halo light as some have one wire, some two, some three wires to control the halo and allow many options as to the set up.

If there is, no biggie. The colored wire (I think yellow in your case) goes to the halo lead and the black wire (ground) gets taped and tucked so as not to touch any hot wires. If your halo light has a hot and ground then use hot to hot, ground to ground. You really need the instructions for your halo light as some have one wire, some two, some three wires to control the halo and allow many options as to the set up.
Here is what i found out. The light is coming today and i will install it tonight. The light has a white and an amber halo ring. I am going to wire the white up with the headlight and then hook up the amber light to the parking light, so when i turn the key to parking, the amber halo will turn on. I will let you all know how it goes.

So, my parking light has never worked. Now that i have the headlight out, i checked the bulb and put the key into the parking mode and it came on. Now when i turn the key back to start the bike, the headlight and parking light both turn on. Is the parking light supposed to turn on with the headlight or only in parking mode?

So, my parking light has never worked. Now that i have the headlight out, i checked the bulb and put the key into the parking mode and it came on. Now when i turn the key back to start the bike, the headlight and parking light both turn on. Is the parking light supposed to turn on with the headlight or only in parking mode?
In my Roadster it stays on in both run and park.

i have searched and cannot find what im looking for. I want a brighter headlamp on the 09 r3t. I do not have hundreds of $$ to spend on this and am looking for an inexpensive bulb or light for the r3t that is plug and play and doesnt include running new wires or anything. Can someone point me in the right direction? Is this possible?
A philips #12593 100/55 is a cheap improvement

In my Roadster it stays on in both run and park.
My roadster is the same. Parking light on in both park and run. So I connected the halo to the parking wires, and they are on all the time when the bike is running. Don't connect the wire for the amber halo.
Cheers,
Dean

Back