Jeremy

.060 Over
Ride
2009 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
i have searched and cannot find what im looking for. I want a brighter headlamp on the 09 r3t. I do not have hundreds of $$ to spend on this and am looking for an inexpensive bulb or light for the r3t that is plug and play and doesnt include running new wires or anything. Can someone point me in the right direction? Is this possible?

Try Candlepower, replace both bulb and reflector/lens assembly with a good one. No matter what bulb you use in the stock headlight it will be junk. When I got my 08 R3T spent less than $70 and got decent lighting. Have since upgraded to LED unit.

Try Candlepower, replace both bulb and reflector/lens assembly with a good one. No matter what bulb you use in the stock headlight it will be junk. When I got my 08 R3T spent less than $70 and got decent lighting. Have since upgraded to LED unit.
What is the cost and what is involved in going to led?

You can get knockoffs for a couple hundred, the good ones $5-600. But you get the adaptive for that price. That's my next lighting upgrade.

i have searched and cannot find what im looking for. I want a brighter headlamp on the 09 r3t. I do not have hundreds of $$ to spend on this and am looking for an inexpensive bulb or light for the r3t that is plug and play and doesnt include running new wires or anything. Can someone point me in the right direction? Is this possible?
Alright, I have purchased a headlight with halo. It will show up tomorrow. the more I read, the more confused I am. I would say I am a better than average backyard mechanic, but I do not see where there is a good tutorial or explanation on what to do with the parking light. Now my parking light has never worked on my R3T. Maybe the bulb is shot, I dont know. I have never dug into it to check it out. this is what i think my options are, but want to be sure i am on the same page.
1. hook up headlight - connect the halo wiring to the power and ground to the headlight so that it works when the headlight is on - take the wires for the parking light, clip them and tape the two ends separately so they do not short out - button it back up.
2. hook up headlight - connect the halo wiring to the power and ground to the headlight so that it works when the headlight is on - take the wires for the parking light, clip them and connect them as well to the power and ground for the halo so that if i want to turn the key to the parking, the halo will light up. - that would mean that i have the headlight halo AND the parking light wired into the wires on the main harness.

Is this correct?

You can just jam a piece of plastic on park light socket and leave in headlight shell. Need someone who understands current flow to besure your second option works.

Right, thats why i am wondering. I see some guys have the halo on when the headight is on, and say they can use the parking feature for the halo only as well not sure how this is working to not backflow a circuit

Right, thats why i am wondering. I see some guys have the halo on when the headight is on, and say they can use the parking feature for the halo only as well not sure how this is working to not backflow a circuit
Try connecting the halo positive lead to the parking light wire (after cutting off the bulb holder). That should keep the halo on at all times while running and give you the halo when in PARK position on the ignition switch. I have mine wired like that on a Roadster and works like a champ.

Try connecting the halo positive lead to the parking light wire (after cutting off the bulb holder). That should keep the halo on at all times while running and give you the halo when in PARK position on the ignition switch. I have mine wired like that on a Roadster and works like a champ.
Then just tape up the other wire?

Back