Hanging it up again....

Just put the Harley up for sale. This was my third attempt to get back on a bike over the past few years after 40 plus years of riding. The ol' body and mind just does not want to cooperate anymore. So, if I do get back on it will be on a Rocket trike in the future. A Harley Tri Glide does not interest me in the least. And truthfully, the drivers out there scare the hell out of me now with all of the distracted driving going on. Here in town we had several fatalities from cars making a left turn in front of the bike. One was a motor officer and you cant find much better riders than those guys. Two geezer riders in Flagler ran head on into one another on A1A. No helmets either.

You guys and gals have been a great bunch and I will be checking in from time to time.

Fair one but my attitude is it's all about fate and if I'm destined to die at 98 in my sleep or wiped out by a Big Rig on the southbound lane of the I-15 Freeway on my rocket 111 then so be it, either way I'll be riding right up to that day.

Fair one but my attitude is it's all about fate and if I'm destined to die at 98 in my sleep or wiped out by a Big Rig on the southbound lane of the I-15 Freeway on my rocket 111 then so be it, either way I'll be riding right up to that day.
There’s a difference between riding because you can and realizing that you are not able to ride safely enough to continue for everybody’s sake. Most likely I’ll be back with a trike soon enough.

thats the way it goes for a couple of months then someone will show up with the money in hand and can not wait to buy it. just need the right guy.

ps
there r always the low ballers
$2500 sounds good to me if u deliver it.:roll::roll:

thats the way it goes for a couple of months then someone will show up with the money in hand and can not wait to buy it. just need the right guy.

ps
there r always the low ballers
$2500 sounds good to me if u deliver it.:roll::roll:
Wait, I’m loading it up right now :sneaky:

i will be waiting right here i will load u up on whisky and bear maybe i can get it even cheaper.:sneaky::laugh::laugh:

How can anyone make an honest offer without seeing what they are making an offer on?

Exactly, a typical moron who's first message was"what's the least you'll take for it "got my standard reply of if you're interested you're welcome to come take a look at it and make an offer, I don't negotiate over the internet with people who can't be bothered to come look at it.
He replied back" you're obviously a stupid old man, I just wanted to know how cheap you would go". Lol, thankfully Craigslist has a block button.

Need fine print for CL. See example below where I was selling DC stick welder

Don't contact me or respond to this ad
1) You don't have green cash
1) You aren't willing to drive to Sealy to look at it.
2) You don't know where Sealy is and can't use Google maps.
3) You haven't asked your significant other if you can buy it and don't have the cojones to just buy it.
4) You have no friends or family with a pick-up truck – or they see you coming and hide.
4) You found the exact one for 1/2 the price and want me to lower my price - buy the cheaper one and don’t bother me
5) You don' know the use/limitations of this machine
6) You don't know the meaning of "weld", "stick", "450 lbs” and can't use Google
7) Your counting skills are equal or worse than mine

Examples of what I'm trying to avoid:
Will you deliver it free to Galveston?
I'll buy it. Let me go by the bank after I ask my wife.
I want your welder dude, but my friend is selling one for $500 cheaper - will you match his price and give me the $500.
Where's Sealy - wow that's far - will you haul it to Kingwood so I can see it. No I don't think I should pay your gas money. Let me ask my wife.
Will you take payments over 6 months?
Will this weld aluminum?

Back