Handle bar of the GT on a Rocket 3 R

That was my first option and ordered the GT but the delivery date kept moving forward a month at a time so I changed my order to the R and fitted the heated grips GT seat and Bars. It’s an expensive way to do it but I’m not very patient and I’d already sold my previous Rocket.
Yup it was the major driver behind me getting the R. When I bought the bike the waiting time for the GT was 3 months. I got the R in less than 3 weeks I think. Then specced it up to GT standard with all the add ons. I'll need to seriously consider the bars and seat now as I am really set on having a more relaxed riding experience for touring. Just hate the idea of not being happy once I spend the money!

Today I was finally able to get my R3 from 1000 km service with the GT handle bar installed. For me in general it was comfortable as it was previously with the standard R bar. But the big difference was the handling at low speed and during parking... feels much easier and natural with the new GT bar. Maybe my lack of experience with heavy bikes, low stature and short arms is part of it, but it was amazing the change and I´m very happy with it.

How to dismantle the electrical cables inside the handlebars?
I have both R & GT bars and they are plug and play, No threading of wiring.
The handle bars should come with the wiring already incorporated.......I think.....not 100% sure. Check before you order.

I agree with others about a good set up. That is: GT seat and GT bars with mid-controls/pegs. Works very well - Comfortable, yet good controllability in the corners etc...
The only downside is wind forces to head and upper body at higher speeds during extended periods on the highway. You can lean forward with the GT bars but it's easier to do that with the R bars.
It's a trade off. My preference would be for a set of bars mid way between R & GT.
Hopefully they might become available in the future, but until then, it's GT bars all the way, for me.

Last edited:
I have both R & GT bars and they are plug and play, No threading of wiring.
The handle bars should come with the wiring already incorporated.......I think.....not 100% sure. Check before you order.
this used is not wired:

Back