Please remember - I am not a hater of this bike - I post things that others may want to watch. Personally- for me the R3R feels too small and would limit any distance riding. However the GT with forward controls (adjustable) swept bars, heated grips, pillion sissy bar and generally nicer finish (again my opinion) would seemingly suit me better. But it would take something really special for me to part with my R3X...

It's just my impression - But I think the things many of us like about the 2300 family are lacking on the 2500, and visa versa. I see NOTHING on the 2500 that would persuade me to swap over - Sorry, Mr Bloor.

I ended up with an 2009R3 in 2010 despite all my initial thoughts on trying one in 2005. I am 5'8" and it's big.
I arrived there having tried a Harley briefly as a two up bike for myself and the Mrs - But it simply was not able to do what I needed then.

The 2300 was/is brilliant at one thing - Long hauls at speed, but was really necessary to keep an eye on the fuel gauge. Maybe not in the US where fuel stops are maybe more frequent, but here and the UK I have been caught doing cross country (non-motorway) runs where there have been no fuel stops for the best part of a 1/4 tankful. The 2300 was/is imo Borderline on fuel range for a distance bike - the new one more so it would seem. That would worry me. Also though my usual roads here are wide/fast enough for me to be OK on the 2300 - When I'm in the UK I find it simply too cumbersome. A distance bike, imo, needs close to 400kms (250miles) before reserve in the tank. And another 100kms in reserve.

After 10 years with my 2009 - I was ready for a change anyway. I downsized - though I still have the R3 (for now). And I am riding faster (esp in twisties) than I ever could on the R3. 100-RWBHP (ECU modified) and 170kg. My licence is in far more danger than it was.

Hand on heart I was really being drawn to a mid size Adventure type bike - I really really wanted a Guzzi V85TT , I still think it looks great, and got close to pre-ordering (via a mate who would have had no qualms about me cancelling - he can't get enough to sell) but waited ( as is my usual way) and like this guy who pre-ordered the 2500 - My heart sank when I saw it and tried it for size. I do not fit Adventure Bikes well - there is something that simply makes me feel wrong. I ended up with a baby-790Duke. It was a lot cheaper. Feels right. Some might whisper "get the 1290 SDR" - but it has a different feel.

Just my 0.02.

Oh, Ricardo, mejor amigo. :inlove
Why so negative? :(
Did someone slam your door? :whitstling: :laugh: :inlove

No door slams. Nothing negative about rubbish. I did not like the guy's tone. Could not even listen through the whole thing. A spade is a spade. I guess I missed the brilliant part that you saw. I shop in the used car lot. I'm a cheapo and proud of it. Still get compliments on my cheapo bikes :laugh::laugh:

All the talk about the new Rocket reminds me of when I test rode a K1600, I told the salesman it's nice, but my old K1200 is the better bike. They took the best sport touring ever made and turned it into a friggin Goldwing

I liked Ricks comment because the guy just did not have his priorities in line. After he waffled around about the bike he listed three others that were in a completely different class. I wonder if he has bought anything yet? I have seen this same thing on this site.:rolleyes:

I don’t even want to start the discussion about money and value as that is ver subjective but I like Ricks reply about that too.

As soon as I get a chance I will be doing side by side photo comparisons and just see how small this thing really is.;)

All the talk about the new Rocket reminds me of when I test rode a K1600, I told the salesman it's nice, but my old K1200 is the better bike. They took the best sport touring ever made and turned it into a friggin Goldwing

Agree, and both are not for me, but those Wings do handle.

. . . Maybe not in the US where fuel stops are maybe more frequent, but here and the UK I have been caught doing cross country (non-motorway) runs where there have been no fuel stops for the best part of a 1/4 tankful. The 2300 was/is imo Borderline on fuel range for a distance bike - the new one more so it would seem. That would worry me . . .
Just my 0.02.

Cross country? Fuel stops? In the UK?
Heck, the whole length of the country is a Day Ride!
I have done "cross country" rides many times, the longest was 11,500 miles over 6 weeks. I experienced no issues with fuel stops at about 160 or more miles. The exception was Texas where fuel stops are more sparse.

Cross country? Fuel stops? In the UK?
Heck, the whole length of the country is a Day Ride!
I have done "cross country" rides many times, the longest was 11,500 miles over 6 weeks. I experienced no issues with fuel stops at about 160 or more miles. The exception was Texas where fuel stops are more sparse.

More truly close call cross country moment was traveling from Omaha, NE to Travis AFB in Cali with my Triumph America with a 3.5 gallon tank... on a Sunday with a head wind which reduced my mpg's to about 33. I filled up and then as I was rolling out of town it said; next fuel stop 99 miles... thank goodness they were open when I got there! (Not a 24-hour place)
-MIG

Back