Well **** I messed up big...lol. Was in Sturgis S.D. yesterday (dental appt) stopped in at Indian Motorcycle to check them out. The Springfield 111 is awesome & I almost purchased it. Something in the back of my head was screaming hold off..anyway the reason for not buying a R3R is I thought the nearest dealer was 4.5 -5 hrs away Denver Co...well I was wrong. There is one in Rapid City S.D only 2hrs.lol I'm a dumbass & very excited to visit them Thursday. $7000 less in price makes my wife happy too. Little does she know that $$$ will eventually be spent on upgrades/mods. lol hahaha! I've been lurking this site for a year & 1/2 in somber lol. Now time to make it happen!
Welcome from a little island called England . You were right to hold fire . Nothing compares to the R3R . Just you wait and see ! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum from another member located in the British Isles. May you carry on lurking with complete confidence that you will always be in good company. Well, there are a few that are completely barking but it takes all sorts... :roll::roll::roll:

Last edited:
Welcome ddbck....I like the look of those Springfields too but after riding the Roadster i find everything else is not "enuff" bike.
I had a 2013 Triumph Storm and my buddy had a Victory Hammer. One day we just stopped at the roadside and swapped bikes. Immediately i felt as if the quality had gone down several levels...the bike was gutless, the frame twitched under cornering, the frame looked skinny and the seating was hard on the back....That Storm was a very nice bike!
Now, if i ride my cobbers Storm, i really appreciate getting back on the Roadster...Way different in seating position...steering, power and overall comfort...No twitching...steering is positive..traction real good and the sound coming from that big triple is SWEEEEEET!

WELCOME to ya, from WA State! :thumbsup:
A new R3R will make fine use of all the terrific roads near your location.

Back