ddbck

Standard Bore
Ride
Still Deciding
Hello from Wyoming. Great forum all. Tons of knowledge here! I have been riding a long time started on a KX-125, RM250,650 Nighthawk, CBR600, ZX11, RC51 (RVT1000)
I'm now moving on from the sport bikes & am looking for a power cruiser. I had narrowed it down to 3. Triumph R3R, M109R, VMAX. VMAX is out, it has inadequate tank range. I have always slightly moded all my bikes....exhaust,air ect... Most of my riding is 75% single up once in a while the wife goes for a spin. How is the R3R in 2 up? Kind of sucks the nearest Triumph dealer is 4.5 away. Thx all

Welcome from south Louisiana.
Coming from an M109, and C109 (traded them both for the R3R), I can say that for me the Rocket is better all around for power, handling, and comfort than the M109. It also beat the C109 in power, and handling by a lot, but the Fat Suzuki was like riding in my favorite chair.
The R3R is great for 2up, there's plenty enough power to beat a M109 or a VRod (riding solo), while 2up on the Rocket. I can't say how I know, because racing on the street is frowned upon by some of the older members here. :D
It also handles well 2up, there's a few members here who saw how well it did through the mountains in CO, and on the Pig Trail in AK.

Welcome from Alabama! One reason I bought my R3 is for better comfort while riding 2 up. I came off the Vmax to get the R3 and it does not disappoint! I used to start planning my next fill up before I left the pump with the Vmax, but no more. Enjoy the forum. :cool:

Back