Got the itch

Since I have the similarly equipped R3 and I feel your pain, is there not some sort of HANS (head and neck restraint system) used by racers that would help alleviate neck pressure. While I am sure they look hideous, who the heck cares if it lets you ride without the stresses on the neck. Just a thought.

It has been about 9 weeks since the ltest surgery and i have just went back to work on light duty. I did ask the Doc about riding and he gave me the ok as long as I don't get stupid. So I am starting to ease around in the evenings a little and can certainly tell I don't have the muscles built back up to do any riding of any time or distance. But hey, at least I am getting to throw a leg over the ol scoot and get a little wind in my face. I think the urge to switch has pasted for now.
Thanks everyone for the encouraging words and the nice compliments about my Rock. I "WILL" see you guys on the road this summer for sure.

Lonnie " Lonzel " , Have you heard of the Blues Feastival over in Eureks Springs on the first weekend of June. That is my first major outting and I am planning to go. Check into it and would loved to meet up and do some riding over in Arkansas.

Big T

Just as well you kind of ditched the idea of the Gold Wing anyway...it'll throw you head back in a hurry if you aren't careful.

I don't know if Oklahoma is a helmet state but if it is I have a bad feeling that it is going to be the helmet that is going to affect your neck more than any bike you end up riding.

I hope you heal well and maybe come back to a full recovery so that you can enjoy riding the great looking bike you have.

Dennis

55 dtg Dubai
56 dtg Home for good!

If the doctors are telling you to quit riding, you should quit riding. If you don't believe them, get a second opinion. If they still tell you to quit, quit.

What about a full helmet and one of those cushions that go around the neck to support it? It might inhibit shoulder checking a bit, but having broken my back about 10 years ago I think about getting one any time i give it a bit more throttle than the wife would approve of.

It has been about 9 weeks since the ltest surgery and i have just went back to work on light duty. I did ask the Doc about riding and he gave me the ok as long as I don't get stupid. So I am starting to ease around in the evenings a little and can certainly tell I don't have the muscles built back up to do any riding of any time or distance. But hey, at least I am getting to throw a leg over the ol scoot and get a little wind in my face. I think the urge to switch has pasted for now.
Thanks everyone for the encouraging words and the nice compliments about my Rock. I "WILL" see you guys on the road this summer for sure.

Lonnie " Lonzel " , Have you heard of the Blues Feastival over in Eureks Springs on the first weekend of June. That is my first major outting and I am planning to go. Check into it and would loved to meet up and do some riding over in Arkansas.

Big T
Good for you!!!!! Great news that the docs say some "light" riding will be OK. That means after recovery you can open her up!!! LOL Glad your back on the beast!! :D

mutt

Big T

Bikes and Blues weekend is a "must" if you've not gone. We caught it in 2009 on the way back from DC's Memorial Day Weekend (Run For The Wall). Great riding roads on Highway 21 and 23 (you can loop taking 62 over to Highway 7 catch 16 and then ride 21 back up to Eureka Springs) nice day trip. The Bavarian Inn also has great food and beer.

Heal up fast. See you at Cassoday.

That has got to be without doubt , the nicest looking Rocket i've ever seen . If you were in Aust , i would be encouraging you to give up riding ,,,,,,and sell it me :D

Thanks Coneye and the rest of you guys for the great compliments on my bike. I am making a good recovery and have wondered out for a couple of small rides, 50 miles here and 80 miles there. The ol neck is getting stronger and the bike is running like a champ.
I can't beleive that I was thinking of giving up the Rocket for a Wing. I must have been really having a weak moment. I have tried before and I still can not think of or find a bike that I would enjoy more than this old 06 Rocket Classic. I guess I'm just stuck with it.

Atom, if you or anybody else is planning on going over to Eureka the first weekend of June for the Blues Festival, shot me a PM and mabey we could meet up for a days ride while we are over there.

Thanks again everyone for the kind words of encouragement and we will see you guys on the road with 2 knees in the breeze and a big ol grin on my face that only a Rocket owner knowes how it got there

Big T

Back