so i took the wheels off.......

I wouldn't have thought it was good practice to have your wheels powder coated with the bearings and seals in-situ. Heat is involved plus all the sh1t when the wheels are cleaned etc. will get into them.
No brainer to take them out IMO.

I did bring back some Arbroath Smokies for the Mrs & me.

Those are one of my favourite things Scottish!
Had a run up there on the Saturday and had them vacuum packed right at the source and left the next morning.
They traveled surprisingly well! Although Security at Chicago had to open my luggage to see what they were after showing on the X-Ray :roll:

photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

Apologies for the distraction everyone - normal service will now be resumed! :p

Those look really delicous! My favourite sunday morning breakfast is kippers,black pudding and potato scones!

I wouldn't have thought it was good practice to have your wheels powder coated with the bearings and seals in-situ....
No brainer to take them out IMO.

He's not asking about whether to remove them Blackthou but whether they can be re-installed/re-used afterwards ;)

Oops. Saw the bit about "some of the wheel guts out" and went from there.

UPDATE - got the wheels back and mounted with some new shoes. She looks beautiful! One problem though.....I think I'm missing a part. The back wheel went in pretty well. It seems to be a no brainer. The front wheel is not right. I've got the shaft going through the left side (locking pin side) and it slides through the stepped spacer, through the wheel and through a small black "something" that fits against the forks via a small divet. It looks like it might be the abs. When I go to tighten everything down, the small bolt heads on the small outer plate mounted above the rotor make contact with the abs looking thing. I can't tighten it all the way down without damaging something. I blew up a diagram and I think I might be missing a spacer on the right side. I'm tearing my brain out trying to figure this out.

It sounds like you put the seals in the wrong sides and have the wheel reversed?
ABS Pulsar ring should be on left side

I'm talking left or right as viewed from the front, sorry. Triumph installed all the wheel guts with new bearings and wheel seals. When I brought it home I put the rotors on. I went back up to Triumph and looked at their Rockets. Yep, I'm missing a spacer. I have the "stepped spacer" for the left side but I'm missing the one that makes contact with the abs ring. I literally tore my garage apart. No dice. The guys at triumph didn't have it and could not get one for another week. My powdercoat guy is off. ****, this is getting so frustrating.

I'm talking left or right as viewed from the front .... I have the "stepped spacer" for the left side but I'm missing the one that makes contact with the abs ring.
In the second part of that statement are you STILL referring to that convention - viewed from the front?

The accepted convention is that you designate left & right as if you were sitting on (or standing behind) the bike looking forward, not looking at the front

I don't have your model bike but going purely from the parts fiche:
There are three different wheel configs;
Classic
Roadster
Touring

The Classic and Toruing, axle goes through starting from RIGHT Fork leg (screws into left fork)
The Roadster, axle goes through from LEFT fork leg (screws into RIGHT fork)*

*Edit - I see in the fiche the wheel is different on the ABS model above serial # 623194

On the Roadster there is only one Spacer and it goes on LEFT side (same side as the ABS Pulsar ring)
So it appears you are fitting the spacer on the wrong (right) side - which I am summizing would mean the seals are on wrong sides?
(if indeed you are fitting the spacer on the right side currently)

Picture is per the bike i.e. the left side of pic is left side of wheel (again, LEFT is side when viewed from REAR of bike i.e. clutch lever side)

100065328-0-2.jpg

Last edited:
This is the diagram. I have the stepped spacer. It's kinda like a fat T. I seem to be missing number 9 on the diagram.

ETA. can't even post pics right, darn! The 2012 Roadster uses 2 front wheel spacers according to triumph. I only have one at the moment. I just went out to the garage and tried it on the other side to see if I was just being a moron (not uncommon), but it won't work. You simply cant get the cross pin tight without forcing the rotor into to opposite side forks.

Last edited:
Your diagram is not showing up - but if you are looking at a spacer item 9, you are looking at the wrong fiche - that spacer is only on Non-ABS Touring or Classics

Look at your wheel which side has the smaller ID seal - is it left or right? (please use normal 'handed' convention i.e. Left is clutch lever side)
Is that seal on the side with the abs pulsar ring or the opposite side?

Last edited:
Back