vsteel

.060 Over
Ride
2021 R3 GT
I know this is less than what others have but I am happy.
Numbers at the rear wheel and not corrected for ideal conditions, I was wrong and it is corrected.
Correction and Smoothing are two different things and not to be confused with each other. Notice that what it actually says is CF: SAE Smoothing: 5 What they're saying is that the Correction Factor is set to SAE and the Smoothing is set to 5. But lots of people read that and see "SAE Smoothing" and mistakenly think SAE is the adjective for Smoothing. Nope, two different things.
Bike completely stock except for the Penner tune
Temp was 95F, 20% humidity, 2650 elevation.
The blue line falling short is running the bike in 6th, the speed limiter kicked in at an indicated 150mph. The other lines are in 5th gear, 4th gear runs almost overlay on the 5th gear runs.
Thank you Rachael for running the bike on the dyno!

I just can't believe the torque curve, this thing is like an electric motor. The best thing was the jaws dropping on the Harley guys that were around when they were looking at the numbers.

1622727132219.png

Last edited:
I saw you were from Boise and thought you were making stuff up with that 95F stuff but I checked my weather page and HOLY COW, it's hotter there than it is here in Georgia!!! BTW, those are some really nice runs -- that Penner tune is amazing. I'm a little more conservative and like to wait for my warranty to expire before getting crazy, but this just gives me something to look forward to in another year.

I saw you were from Boise and thought you were making stuff up with that 95F stuff but I checked my weather page and HOLY COW, it's hotter there than it is here in Georgia!!! BTW, those are some really nice runs -- that Penner tune is amazing. I'm a little more conservative and like to wait for my warranty to expire before getting crazy, but this just gives me something to look forward to in another year.
I made an update to my post. There is a correction factor, it is the SAE correction. I made a mistake and read SAE smoothing 5 as one thing. It is a SAE correction with smoothing 5 on the lines. I did find out if the correction is set to STD it gives higher numbers. The dyno charts I have seen looked like the bike should give 170hp but I am wondering if they have a different correction factor. I will have to be on the lookout for that.

I talked to my mechanic and she said that since we are just doing a few quick pulls it isn't going to be an issue. If there was going to be a dyno tune where you spend a lot of time on the bike running it for hours, then she said we would want to wait.

Boise was at 102 yesterday, we are in the upper 90s today and then we cool back down to normal on Sunday. This little heat wave broke some records. Though as you can tell our humidity was 20%, I am thinking you are probably on the other end of the humidity scale. :)

I think this answers some questions as well. Some correction factors really make a huge difference. I just put in horsepower figures until I could reverse calculate the SAE to match what I got. Not a perfect method and not sure if this site is spot on but I found it interesting.

I know dyno to dyno matching can be a tricky thing based on how they work and the operator and the settings they use but this fills in more of the picture.

1622814820759.png

This calculator converts your dyno run into corrected SAE, MSA and STD horsepower. These correction factors are used by dyno shops to correct for nonstandard temperature, barometric pressure and humidity. The Flywheel HP estimate assumes an 11% driveline loss.​

SAE J1349 standard day is 77ºF, 29.23inHg (inches of Mercury) pressure, 0% Relative Humidity.​

Motorsports Standard Atmosphere (MSA) is 60ºF, 29.92 and 0% humidity.​

STD standard day is 68ºF, 29.92 and 0% humidity.​

Back