Got a little 40mph...

Willtill

Nitrous
...wobble when deaccelerating to; and down from that speed. Normally don't take my hands off the T-bars but did it for a second today. Fixing to remove my front Metzler and replace it with the same next week, so will be a good time to give the front forks a wiggle and see if I got play.

Never could feel the wobble with my hands on the bars; so it is so very slight when hands are off the bars. Could be the tire though as well.... we'll see.

Hold the front brake on & give the forks a good compress, while you're at it... check to see if they're still firm, or whether the frount bounces down to the bottom of the fork like a dam rocking horse...

Had the same thing, my guess would be the headstock bearings, had mine adjusted and no more shake.........Like you only ever noticed it with the hands off the bars

Observed this condition many times with all in perfect condition. Mostly when coasting (decelerating) downhill.

I have a Throttlemeister (cruise control) and it runs fine with any power on.

Check air pressure in front tire. Had a tire at 35 once and it was a wobbler. 37 PSI fixed it to best condition.
The wear on the tires will put a bit of wobble in it. Mostly when coasting (decelerating) downhill.

Had this happen on my Trophy, too. The geometry of the bike just did it without hands on the bars.
Just keeping a finger is enough to hold it.

Best course is to not let go of the bars when coasting downhill.
Really like to keep the hands on the bars!

The fact that you are replacing the front tire means it is worn out. This is the most probable reason for the wobble!

The fact that you are replacing the front tire means it is worn out. This is the most probable reason for the wobble!

Yes, the front tire was worn. Still could've probably gotten another thousand out of it; but there were areas where it was starting to cup.

I actually just came inside to check some torque values and taking a break from the cold outside.

I had already tried to wiggle the front end with the tire off. No play in the headstock at all. Fixing to mount the tire in a couple of minutes... once I get the wheel shined back up with some Mother's wheel paste/polish.

What do they mean in the manual... push the fork leg until the disc is centered in the left caliper, before tightening the pinch bolts? Normally, one would bounce the front wheel a couple of times before tightening the pinch bolts, to seat the axle.

I have to admit, this is only the second time I've taken the front wheel off. The disk does appear to be slightly off within the caliper proper, but there is clearance...

Back