Honestly, I am only considering securing 20 25 lt. Givi duffle on the OE rack. Saying this, I keep on thinking how to connect the straps. I used to ride the tall adv bikes, I had lots of strong points where I coild connect the straps, this bike simply doesn't have mAny options. :-((
check out Lamonster on the site.

this might do it for you. I might get one as well.

Honestly, I am only considering securing 20 25 lt. Givi duffle on the OE rack. Saying this, I keep on thinking how to connect the straps. I used to ride the tall adv bikes, I had lots of strong points where I coild connect the straps, this bike simply doesn't have mAny options. :-((
Hi.. I had same issue with rear luggage rack and ability to strap down. So I have used the givi tanklock system and mounted the tanklock mounting to the rear luggage rack. That way bag just clips into place and you just use safety strap around back rest if you wish. Makes it super easy to fit rear bag. And no straps or rubbing on any other parts or paint. I have used the EA117 as you can fit a helmet into it as well. Since photos I have actually further mod so bag sits sideways and less therefore less overhang of bag over rear.
20201111_173152.jpg
20201112_111842.jpg
20201112_095320.jpg

Hi.. I had same issue with rear luggage rack and ability to strap down. So I have used the givi tanklock system and mounted the tanklock mounting to the rear luggage rack. That way bag just clips into place and you just use safety strap around back rest if you wish. Makes it super easy to fit rear bag. And no straps or rubbing on any other parts or paint. I have used the EA117 as you can fit a helmet into it as well. Since photos I have actually further mod so bag sits sideways and less therefore less overhang of bag over rear.
20201111_173152.jpg
20201112_111842.jpg
20201112_095320.jpg
It looks like a good idea and better than dealing lits of lines to secure the bag. 👍👍👍

I have what I believe is a better Givi top case solution. It's quick, looks good, and does not require any modification to the Triumph tail rack.

What I did was, using the Givi universal Monokey base plate, remove the two rearmost bolts of the tail rack and use the Givi bolts to go through the base plate, rack, and support arms so that all 3 are bolted together using the existing holes. Then I added two more bolts through the base plate and through a pair of standard 4" zinc plated mending braces (straight brackets) which act as a clamp from underneath. I put a layer of Flex Tape between the bracket and the aluminum rack to protect the rack. The only work involved was slightly enlarging the holes on the braces to accommodate the M6 bolts.

For a top case I chose the Givi WL901 34L case. It's very light and matches the construction and styling of the other Triumph accessory luggage. True it's not as secure as the hard cases but it seems perfectly adequate for short trips, and I'm uneasy about regularly hanging my 21lb (loaded) Trekker case off the tail.

Attachments

• IMG_6745.JPG
    IMG_6745.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6746.JPG
    IMG_6746.JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6749.JPG
    IMG_6749.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6750.JPG
    IMG_6750.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6753.JPG
    IMG_6753.JPG
    287.7 KB · Views: 39
Added the Givi trunk to complete the travel kit/luggage for the GT. I ordered the Givi Trunk, along with backrest and the mounting plate. This was attached to the factory tail rack accessory that I recently purchased from Triumph.

The mounting plate for the Givi was real easy to accomodate to the Triumph tail rack. I used most of the mounting bolts and fasteners that came with it, and had to drill three holes of my own through the Tail Rack kit. I like how the whole kit comes together. This particular Givi trunk perfectly flows with the look of the GT in my opinion. The backrest lines up perfectly with the sissy bar. And as far as weight goes, factory says limit rear rack to like 6lb or so but this rig is rock solid, I can lean a lot of weight on the trunk. Even though the Givi plate extends past the factory rack it bolts in nicely and stays secure. I think it looks real nice, and it is an exceptional quality piece of equipment.

So we're now ready to travel! Got about 26 gallons of storage now. More to come on the travels.

What I like about the whole setup, is its all key operated quick release the panniers and the trunk. I know folks are saying the panniers are not water-resistant so I guess i'll have to live with that but still like the way they set up.

Also note: Airhawk saddle topper. I have adjusted my footpegs to the max forward position which creates more strain on the ol' vertebrae so that little cushion is great for an aging dutchman.

I am still thinking about getting the upper license plate mount kit from Lamonster, but I gotta figure out if my trunk will be in the way for the tail lights. I like brake lights to be visible!! giving that some more thought.

Will
What size or model is that trunk?

Back