G’day all... advice on high mileage R3 sought please

Hey Mittzy, I see you have had N Lush’s hi comp pistons and cams installed, with tune of course.

Is that where most of your extra horsepower has come from (231 HP), and may I ask what the damage was, all up?

I want to employ Nev, as we’re fellow Adelaidians. I know I will have to save up for his magic; curious as to how long I’ll be on baked beans for ...... ;-)

G’day Triumph R3 World ...

As per my profile ..

Have ridden for 35 odd years, currently ride a 98 Tbird Sport and a 93 Daytona 1200...

Am looking to trade the Tbird to a bloke in Brisbane QLD ... his bike is schmick, one owner, has allegedly had the gearbox upgrade... however .. 75 000 lms..

My question is ... can a Rocket 3 still be sound at 75k kms ? Lots of life left ?

Thanks for any feedback gang :)

Cheers ...

G Day VMC

A few years back I know of 1 of the old rockets had that come from over east had a service on the way through and she had 300,000 on the clock and still going.
I belted my old rocket day in day out, she just kept on going.
The only time she let me down was when I did the drive shaft but I was running race Pistons and cams.
That was at 70,000 km .
I would sit on around dollar 180 all day and I won’t say what else I was doing.

G Day VMC

A few years back I know of 1 of the old rockets had that come from over east had a service on the way through and she had 300,000 on the clock and still going.
I belted my old rocket day in day out, she just kept on going.
The only time she let me down was when I did the drive shaft but I was running race Pistons and cams.
That was at 70,000 km .
I would sit on around dollar 180 all day and I won’t say what else I was doing.
Thanks for input fella. I got lots of good positive advice.

Pulled the trigger, did the swap :)

Tbird Sport for R3. Be here in 2 weeks. Let the rides begin ! :)

Back