Full Face Helmet Recommendations Please

For Bluetooth I recommend the Cardo packtalk bold, voice activated and it actually raises or lowers the volume depending on ambient noise.... best comms unit I’ve ever had, way better than the SENA!!

Thank you for the recommendations Rocket Rider! Coincidentally, I'll be in Sydney the second half of August at the AIMEX trade show along with my Kiwi colleague, perhaps we can find time for a beer :)

Well for a little follow up on this thread, I'm providing the following:
  • I had some fitted ear plugs made, for wear in any helmet scenario. They do far more than going to a full face or 3/4 and I've taken to wearing them all the time as a result. Much better than the simple foam plugs that you can get anywhere although the latter are certainly better than nothing.
  • I also bought an LS2 modular helmet when I moved to Schweinfurt, as I wanted the full face option on the Autobahn at a minimum. It allows you to put the chin bar all the way in the back of the helmet and is safety rated with the chin bar up or down and with both a dark lens and a clear face shield. While I'm sure its a bit heavier than some options, I have really enjoyed the flexibility and find myself using all three positions in most of my riding depending on Autobahn (full face mode), Two lane country road (3/4 mode) or inclement weather (either full face or clear face shield down).

Well for a little follow up on this thread, I'm providing the following:
  • I had some fitted ear plugs made, for wear in any helmet scenario. They do far more than going to a full face or 3/4 and I've taken to wearing them all the time as a result. Much better than the simple foam plugs that you can get anywhere although the latter are certainly better than nothing.
  • I also bought an LS2 modular helmet when I moved to Schweinfurt, as I wanted the full face option on the Autobahn at a minimum. It allows you to put the chin bar all the way in the back of the helmet and is safety rated with the chin bar up or down and with both a dark lens and a clear face shield. While I'm sure its a bit heavier than some options, I have really enjoyed the flexibility and find myself using all three positions in most of my riding depending on Autobahn (full face mode), Two lane country road (3/4 mode) or inclement weather (either full face or clear face shield down).
Sadly for me, LS2 designs are usually narrow oval shaped I have read.

Back