FUEL WARNING LIGHT

rebaqshratz

Standard Bore
Just wondering. Is there a consistent, early or late, illumination of the low fuel light. My comes on closer to half a tank rather then near the empty level. Is that be design and what do you guys with only the light do as a general practice. I know the first answer will be "get fuel nitwit!" but I was wondering if the general population feels comfortable with another 100 miles or 30 minutes or some such rule of thumb.

Mine comes on at about 80 miles , got about another 70 miles .
Seems Triumph do not have a set rule for when the float triggers the low light as most are different :?

there is a thread on here for modding the fuel sender , superbly written and executed , mine comes on so early that i ignore it , sometimes for to long , once pushed the animal 3 miles , im fit and strong but i thought i was going to die , it cost that much effort that i had snot on my top lip for chrissakes :shock: do not run out of jip,youll need oxygen to recover :lol:

low fuel lite

I had the same problem with my light but only after the 20k warranty maintenance check up. It required a fuel filter change and the technician must have disturbed the electronic calibration in it or he slightly bent the float sensor taking it out or putting it back in. I called corporate triumph and asked them about it and they said there in fact was an electric resistance test and calibration they wanted done prior to giving me a new float sensor.
I called around to a few Triumph dealers and they new nothing of it. Finally found one that did packed the bike to them and they worked on it. Every thing came out well or so far well it was the end of riding season (could not afford ski's for it) I did run a tank or two in it and it seems fine. I'll know more when I ride it to Daytona end of February, but I feel comfortable with it and the workmanship. Triumph honored the warranty and the work cost nothing.
Time will tell :roll:

Back