rumbler05

.040 Over
Lifted tank to work on wiring. All wiring is is attached to tank sender. But ,Now gauge is reading close to empty when full of fuel!!! Is their a cross section diagram of tank? 2005 bike and never had a dealer fuel tank up -grade. Whats Up

Not to be judging mind you but when the tank is up the sender will read full because the float falls open. It always kills me when captains base their world on the stupid gas gauge. It don't work never has and probably never will. The new fix didn't fix it either. All that did was make the light come on 20 miles later. When my light comes on I have 50 to 70 comfortable miles before I have to start looking for a station. If by chance you were to fill up your tank to where ever the level you like to fill it, do yourself a favor and reset a trip meter. Easy peasy. Go until it starts to cough and fill up again. Check the mileage and go with that figure in your head. I get 200+ miles before I fill up again. I have gone 237 before coughing. Your mileage may vary due to a number of upgrade mods but I think the average is about mid 30's per gallon.

Back