sixpack

Supercharged
' 06 R3, classic handlebars & rivco risers, I have a problem raising the tank, must unbolt lower end of tank in order to raise, front tab hits the headlight area because of the risers, is there a fix for this, or just live with it? :eek: TIA

' 06 R3, classic handlebars & rivco risers, I have a problem raising the tank, must unbolt lower end of tank in order to raise, front tab hits the headlight area because of the risers, is there a fix for this, or just live with it? :eek: TIA
Haven't tried it yet but I was told that you have to loosen the 2 bolts that hold the chrome tab at the front of the tank and fold it either up or down.
Scot in exile has a video of it somewhere. Lol!! the tab got his finger when he put it back down.

I have to unbolt the gauges and lay them forward. Then after taking the front bolt on the tank out, I lift the tank a bit and slide my finger under the tab. Bending the tab up allows enough clearance to work the tank past the handlebars.

I hope it works for you.

<<duh...just watched Dave's video. Yeah, do it like that except the pinching your finger part.>>

Dragger is right, after installing the Rivco risers you have to remove the gauges to lift the tank. Before the risers the tank would just raise with the one bold removed, but now with the bars back that extra inch they won't clear.

I just take the top handlebar clamp off since it's easier for me with the GiPro mounted over the gauge screws. I just have to be careful not to bump the bars until I put the clamp back so they don't fall out of the risers.

Back