elcanaco

It ain't easy being me!
Ride
2008 Rocket III
F92646CC-F3A1-4524-B641-5C3A55112255.jpeg I’m only heading into season 3 with my ‘08 but from day one the low fuel level light would come on after only 70 miles. I read from others that the problem was the float arm and today I discovered how bent my float arm is. I’m taking a LOT of parts to a custom paint shop tomorrow and in the process of getting the fuel tank ready I removed the pump assembly. I did NOT bend this getting it out so it was either the factory or a previous owner or ? Unless someone knows otherwise, I’ll just put the arm back in a lowered/ straightened position to try and correct the issue?

F92646CC-F3A1-4524-B641-5C3A55112255.jpeg I’m only heading into season 3 with my ‘08 but from day one the low fuel level light would come on after only 70 miles. I read from others that the problem was the float arm and today I discovered how bent my float arm is. I’m taking a LOT of parts to a custom paint shop tomorrow and in the process of getting the fuel tank ready I removed the pump assembly. I did NOT bend this getting it out so it was either the factory or a previous owner or ? Unless someone knows otherwise, I’ll just put the arm back in a lowered/ straightened position to try and correct the issue?

The float should be facing 180 degrees the other way

upload_2019-4-18_6-3-17.png

180 off seems like a lot . Is it the same part on touring models?
Well that was an eye opener. Someone has had this out before. Not only was it 180 degrees reversed but the little arm fits between to tits on the sending unit when it’s facing the correct way. The service manual picture has the long part of the arm looking very straight, which mine is not. Should I straighten it as much as possible when I reinstall it?

drink a couple of beers then beat on it with a hammer for three minutes then run over it with your car a couple of times then it should be better than it was:laugh::laugh:

Back