SO, I guess the mileage varies considerably don't it?
Anywhere from 22 MPG up to 40MPG,
and more if your Gallons are Imperial gallons.
I'm cool with that ain't y'all.
I ain't trying to "go green",
I bought it because of the rush it gives me,
not because of the mileage.

Oh Lord help me,
I can see a blower down the road...

fUEL

All this has convinced me that the TR3 will be fine for me down on the Iberian Peninsular where there's more space to play and less urban work to do. London is a ****ehole to ride in, isn't it Cheeky?

checked my milage on my r3t this morning runnig between 70-90 mph i got 37.21 mpg
bkie is all stock

The R3T (and, it's "Touring", not "Tourer") has a 180 mm sized back tire, as opposed to a 240 mm on the Standard.

The Tourer has a narrower back tire, doesnt it? WOULD THAT CONTRIBUTE TO SLIGHTLY BETTER MPG?

Perhaps, but the Touring model also weighs about 80 lbs. more. That would seem to negate any benefit gained from a smaller rear tire.

i also got bought the same milage when i had my 06 classic at the same speed

07 R3 Classic, stock, Darkside, Corbin fairing/bags + more luggage: Hattiesburg MS to Charleston SC and back, interstate all the way, close to speed limit most of the time, 40-42 mpg, 89 octane...I'll take it!

Thought I would toss in some Roadster numbers. I have 1100 miles on the bike. Other than the secondaries pulled, the bike is stock. Doing city test right now.
Two freeway tests:
average of 80mph: 46mpg
average of 100mph: 37mpg
My old rocket did about 41mpg on the freeway ... very impressed to see 46 @ 80mph. Big drop on going 100. ;)

Back