Front tyre ..anomality ?

Latest news:
Skärmklipp 2020-06-15 09.59.46.png

For the record i wasn't quibbling over semantics, i genuinely thought you had the milage wrong :)
EDIT: It's a constant struggle in non-Swedsih forums as we almost always put mileage in Swedish miles (1 mile = 10 km)

Makes more sense that our crap system! (.62km per mile - WTF?) :thumbsup: o_O

I guess the system you grew up with makes more sense since it is familiar and ground in from early age. Still, using logic i think the metric system makes most sense :)
Like water freeze at 0 and boil at 100°, a Metric mile is 10 km's, a kilometer is 1000 meters etc.

I guess the system you grew up with makes more sense since it is familiar and ground in from early age. Still, using logic i think the metric system makes most sense :)
Like water freeze at 0 and boil at 100°, a Metric mile is 10 km's, a kilometer is 1000 meters etc.

Nope...no part of the Imperial system makes any sense to anyone ever.

Went to dealer's today to get my "complaint" registered, just in case. When we inspected the tyre all the way round it's circumference, we saw this spot. Don't know what to make of it. Never seen anything like that before..
20200615_163226.jpg
20200615_185031.jpg
20200615_163515.jpg

Went to dealer's today to get my "complaint" registered, just in case. When we inspected the tyre all the way round it's circumference, we saw this spot. Don't know what to make of it. Never seen anything like that before..
20200615_163226.jpg
20200615_185031.jpg
20200615_163515.jpg
So you ride it till a blowout at 80 mph? They won't replace with that appearance?

So you ride it till a blowout at 80 mph? They won't replace with that appearance?
I'm waiting for Avon's tech guy to get back to me about it. I'm not worried about the line around the center anymore as i have seen it on several bikes now, i just hadn't noticed before. The "burnt pancake" spot though is another thing.

I'm waiting for Avon's tech guy to get back to me about it. I'm not worried about the line around the center anymore as i have seen it on several bikes now, i just hadn't noticed before. The "burnt pancake" spot though is another thing.
Just dont break.
thats what i do ;-)

Tire cellulite?:whitstling: It may be cosmetic although I'm starting to think you need a new tire. Having confidence in the appearance of a compromised tire would be waning right about now for me. It actually looks melted to me. Ask/demand a new front tire.

I have a little over 10,000 on my Avon Chrome front tire and have never seen a line of any kind. Did have a line appear on a Michelin after about 5,000 miles. It actually formed a groove. Was nerve's about it so i checked it often. Called Michelin and they replaced the tire for free. Replacement tire never wore a line. A lot goes into the molding process with motorcycle tires. Not hard to screw it up. If i tire is made right it should require very little weight and wear evenly minus lines and deformations. Really thinking twice about buying another set of Avon Chromes.

Back