Front tyre ..anomality ?

Larry_M

Supercharged
Ride
2019 Triumph 1200 Scrambler XC, 2020 Rocket 3 R
Most likely me being a hypochondriac - BUT, does anyone else have a "ridge" forming in the middle of the front tyre? I can just feel it running my finger over it (from left to right)

Hope it's nothing alarming. Can't recall having experienced this on any bike before..

20200613_140325.jpg
20200613_140253.jpg
20200613_140318.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How many miles do you have on the tires? I don't have the 'line' down the center (I probably did when it was new) although I do feel a slight ridge where the line was directly in the center. Seems normal to me. I know Chromes are particular on the tire pressure. I believe recommended is 40 lbs. I use 37-38 on mine and it feels good for the riding I do.:thumbsup:

It wasn't there when i picked up the bike. 1500 km's on the clock and 2,9 bar in the tyre, by the book..

Stupid question: did you have a look under the front mudguard ?

Stupid question: did you have a look under the front mudguard ?
Not a stupid question at all, and I did. However the line is ever so slightly raised, or rather you can feel it like a subtle seam. If it was something stuck under the mudguard it would have worn a groove I reckon.

Last edited:
With that many miles on it it may be a problem. The dealer will sort it out and change under warranty if needed.
I wouldn't call 932 miles "that many" i rather see it as a problem with a tyre with 'as little as' 1500 km's/932 miles

Back