Front end shake Wobble

I'm sitting here all set to trade both my 06 r3s and my 2013 S3 se on a new 2015 R3t and finding out this bike doesn't like speeds above 100 mph is saving me some serious buyers remorse.

Umm....my classic has no issues with the speedo needle buried! I tend to cruise on the autobahn between 100-110 (mph) with no issues? I can't speak for the touring, but I'd guess a new touring should be even more stable and comfortable?

I'm sitting here all set to trade both my 06 r3s and my 2013 S3 se on a new 2015 R3t and finding out this bike doesn't like speeds above 100 mph is saving me some serious buyers remorse.

I routinely took my R3T up to 120 MPh without any wobble what so ever

thanks for the feedback I found it hard to imagine Triumph releasing a bike that didn't handle. My deal fell thru anyhow as the sales manager wanted to make 2k off eack bike instead of 2k for the whole deal. Fine by me I still have 2 sweet machines to ride.

Tire Pressure

Mine has the Metzlers and the front one is wobbly if either over or under correct pressure. 35 to 37 PSI seems to be the sweet spot pressure-wise. Wobbles at 40 and wobbles at 32. I've had a lot of bikes and lots more tires in 41 years and this one is the most sensitive to pressure tire in all my experience.

I think I have been running 40 front and back on the Metz at the recommendation of someone on the forum. Ran mine up to 115 once and never noticed an issue. Had a wobble on my HD Fatboy if I let go of the bars at around 35-40. They tighten the steering head several times and changed tires. I never did get rid of it completely, but since I never had a problem or notice it as long as I didn't let go of the grips. I never was an issue at any speed.

A tech from Dunlop suggested I run 36 & 36 in our favourite Cobra/EMax combo at a recent track day...the only head shaking I experienced was from a couple of Ducati riders as the Roc sailed passed them at 210-220

I have no wobble at speed, only when slowing from around 80k down to 60k while engine braking with no manual brake. The faster I go, the more stable it is. It is definitely a lot better since getting new front tire.

Re tyre pressures, it's always important to check them when the weather changes due to the density of the air inside and when they're cold.

Old thread, but someone linked it, my dealer tried to tell me it was normal too. Still haven't solved it 9 years later, the high speed weave part. Headshake with hands off bars disappeared as soon as I got rid of the stock Metzzlers.

Back