Front end shake Wobble

Rocket Pilot

.020 Over
I have a R3 touring (2011) with 193o miles , at 1200 my dealer put on a new front tire due to front end shake which took care of MOST of the shake. Now when i decellerate i feel a wobble in the front end and i Loosen my grip it shake very badly !
IS this Normal??
Chris Langolois from Triumph USA says it isnt , but Peter from Triumph USA says its normal , My dealer put on the new tire but didnt check the neck adjustment because they didn't Triumph would cover it ! Now i have 1930 miles and still wobbles , now it wobbles whenever you hit anything uneven (seams in road) or shift your weight too much in the seat. I have never had a bike do that , Any Ideas?
John B

Last edited:
I have a R3 touring (2011) with 193o miles , at 1200 my dealer put on a new front tire due to front end shake which took care of MOST of the shake. Now when i decellerate i feel a wobble in the front end and i Loosen my grip it shake very badly !
IS this Normal??
Chris Scolia from Triumph USA says it isnt , but Peter from Triumph USA says its normal , My dealer put on the new tire but didnt check the neck adjustment because they didn't Triumph would cover it ! Now i have 1930 miles and still wobbles , now it wobbles whenever you hit anything uneven (seams in road) or shift your weight too much in the seat. I have never had a bike do that , Any Ideas?
John B
This is NOT normal!!! I love the way these dealers think they can say whatever and then expect you to except it....idiots.
The wobble could be several reasons.......1 is the head stock adjustment nut located under the top triple tree.
It could also be a missing weight from the tire......
or it could be an improper install of the tire......
I would certainly take it back to the dealer and bring this to there attention. Since this is easily recreated it shouldnt be a problem for them to fix it.

mutt

I have a 2010 Rocket 3 Touring and also experience some front end wobble. I have been searching for an answer but have so far come up empty. I have heard it may have something to do with the riser bushings being to soft and it seems as though I may have read somewhere about tightening the front end up but I have not had opportunity to try this due to lack of funds. Some have even suggested to me tire cupping but the tire seems to be in good shape with no apparent cupping - I will anxiously watch this post.

I have an 08 R3T with over 20k. I can take my hands off the bars and let it decelerate with no wobble whatsoever. Its definitely not normal.

I've a R3T 2011 with 1300 miles on and have Thunderbird risers fitted which have a rubber gasket and she doesn't shake at all and she didn't shake before they were fitted either.
With a 2 year warranty your dealer should fix it no matter how much work he has to do to it.

Part Deux!

Well It took a couple threats to Triumph USA (for selling a lemon) 3 trips to Dillon Motorsports (who said i was wrong and there was nothing wrong with the bike )
I SAY SCREW YOU AND I AM CANCELLING ALL OF MY PREPAID SERVICES AND EXTENDED WARRANTY.
Drum roll please ( after ruining one front tire )
The winner is ........................NO EFFIN GREASE ON OR IN THE NECK BEARINGS AND IT WAS (the dealers words) " A little loose"
Sorry for the rant
WHAT A BUNCH OF EFFIN TARDS AT least they fixed it , scratched the **** out of my triple tree , BUT I RODE IT HOME! And all be ****ed it didnt vibrate one bit !
So let this be a lesson , don't let the dealer tell you **** unless he can prove it!
Triumph USA if you are looking in ,
Chris Langlois
Training Coordinator
Triumph Motorcycles (America) Ltd.
385 Walt Sanders Memorial Dr, Suite 100
Newnan, GA 30265
T: (678)539-8764 Ext. 2061
I give two thumbs way up WAY TO GO , thanks for listening and FIXING the problem.
To Peter from Triumph usa , a pleasant **** you , telling me a wobbling bike is normal and i just dont get the difference from a 1900 raider to a 2300 triumph!

Thank you fellow Pilots and Captains for reading !
End of rant!

Well It took a couple threats to Triumph USA (for selling a lemon) 3 trips to Dillon Motorsports (who said i was wrong and there was nothing wrong with the bike )
I SAY SCREW YOU AND I AM CANCELLING ALL OF MY PREPAID SERVICES AND EXTENDED WARRANTY.
Drum roll please ( after ruining one front tire )
The winner is ........................NO EFFIN GREASE ON OR IN THE NECK BEARINGS AND IT WAS (the dealers words) " A little loose"
Sorry for the rant
WHAT A BUNCH OF EFFIN TARDS AT least they fixed it , scratched the **** out of my triple tree , BUT I RODE IT HOME! And all be ****ed it didnt vibrate one bit !
So let this be a lesson , don't let the dealer tell you **** unless he can prove it!
Triumph USA if you are looking in ,
Chris Langlois
Training Coordinator
Triumph Motorcycles (America) Ltd.
385 Walt Sanders Memorial Dr, Suite 100
Newnan, GA 30265
T: (678)539-8764 Ext. 2061
I give two thumbs way up WAY TO GO , thanks for listening and FIXING the problem.
To Peter from Triumph usa , a pleasant **** you , telling me a wobbling bike is normal and i just dont get the difference from a 1900 raider to a 2300 triumph!

Thank you fellow Pilots and Captains for reading !
End of rant!

GLAD you got it fixed, especially at no cost.
I knew the wobble wasn't right,
but since I don't have a R3T I decided to let the R3T riders cover it.
So glad you got it fixed before something bad happened.
Now ride the crap out of it..;)

For you new guys
We have 2 R3T's and neither one of them wobble.
As previously posted....I can take my hands off the bars and decel and no wobble at all.
You guys dont listen to the dealers and make them fix your bikes.....
Tell the dealers to RIDE your bike........there should be NO wobble.
Bunch of retards.....dealers make money on warranty work I dont understand why they dont want to do it.

Back