Jamie

Living Legend
What a day! On second thoughts,the parent co of the pension plans I chair and administer wanted me to "reconsider" (meaning: "cancel") my early retirement notice. Called me up at 8:00 a.m to serve... notice accordingly. "Misunderstanding" first pleaded by the embarrassed parent co spokesman. "None" I said. He then pathetically moved on to say that there were " legal aspects" involved. I should have given him (them) a 3-month advance... notice (he said "reprieve") , not counting the current month "of course" , via registered mail, based on the Swiss Civil Code. I said " I had verbally advised YOUR hierarchy" (which I have). Said spokesman then turned emotional... parent co was "utterly disappointed" about blah blah blah, ... i.e. in effect , it is disappointed about truly yours being suddenly 57 years of age and having belatedly realized it . So am I. I expressed "unlimited empathy" . He then said that I was letting "my" retirees down. I said I would " soon be one of them". End of the story. I am out by May 31st.

When taken early, retirement tends to last longer, my friends:cool:

Last edited:
I envy you Jamie!!! I'll get to retire someday but not at 57. Quite honestly... I don't know what I would do with myself... probably get addicted to gambling or hook up with some 25 year old red head:eek:, or both..

Oh Tommo... Things could be worse!! You might have to sell your bike to pay off your gambling debts and the Red Head would leave you cause you sold the Rocket and come to Australia to start a new life and spy me on my Faster Red Rocket.... Well!!!!!:D

Anyway Jamie... All I can say is, you must be a smart man to be able to retire at 57! Man, I'm 43 and still have two kids under 5!!! At least I don't work very hard.:rolleyes::D

Right On!

Beachsidebiker: Job will soon be terminated , on my own volition. Alarm clock will soon be burried, after a short ceremony (i.e. I am going to crush the f***** thing), amongst wiffie's admittedly splendid geraniums. 18-year old son will stay, i.e. if he wishes to. Way too late for either abortion or adoption, anyway. Money? I wil soon have to learn to cope with less. Wiffie's geraniums to be replaced by a single cactus, for instance. :cool:

Last edited:
Back