For the 2020 oem panniers

air_odie

.020 Over
Ride
2020 r3gt
Don’t be too trusting of the zipper locks...

One of mine malfunctioned today
I called the dealer to seek their advice and they said to bring it in but I’m too far away in about an hour and a half away

so low and behold I just typed in TSA 007 on YouTube and I instantly learned way too much stuff about how weak these locks are and how easy they are to get into

turns out it takes about five seconds if you don’t know the code and know anything about picking locks

a small Tumblr device can easily defeat the TSA key part

If you don’t want to do that it’s very simple also to just look on the underside of the lock and see where the indentations in the wheel houses are as you spin the wheels and then line those up and just shift everything over

if you don’t believe me type in TSA 007 lock on YouTube and you’ll see that these are indeed our locks and that they are easily defeated

I understand why trying to use them but I really wish they would give us a better option I am currently seeking A better solution

Even though all locks are only designed to keep honest people out I really wish they were a little bit better than this especially for the price we pay for this paneer set

I think it's a misjudgement by Triumph to put TSA locks on the panniers. Those locks are intended for suitcases so they can be opened with a master key by airport personnel. Why should anyone have a master key to motorcycle panniers?

And to make it even worse, the master keys have been leaked/published online and can be 3D printed, so there goes the minimal security that TSA locks ever had.

But then again, as air_odie wrote, you don't even need a key since anyone's grandma can open TSA locks with a hairpin.

Back