For All Of Those Who Keep Putting Off Their Purchase of a Rocket . . .

I have been quietly waiting to see what Triumph will come up with. I decided to allow myself one of three options:
1. If Triumph comes up with an upgraded R3- Sell my Roadster and purchase upgraded model.
2. If Triumph discontinues the Roadster- Sell mine and purchase the 2018 model.
3. If Triumph continues with the Roadster- Enjoy mine and follow the advise illustrated in the first posting!

Whoops sorry bout that. That price still seams incredibly nice though imo. I remember the numerals 15 on a tag hanging from a roadster around 5 years ago when we went to pick up my wife's Bonneville. Again sorry for missing when this was posted

I need to visit my friendly neighborhood Triumph dealer and sit in them to see how they feel. I feel like I'll prefer the roadster foot peg location.

The Roadster is a magnificent beast and I find the peg location to be quite comfortable. Best I've done so far is 500 miles in a day though; I felt fine after, but I can't speak for longer rides.

Also, no matter what anyone here tries to tell you, it's the *white* stripes that make it go faster. Not the red ones.

edit: that feeling when you realize you've responded to a necro'd four year-old thread. Oh well.

Buy one of each.

They will only go up in value.
Doubt it very much, I think they will be like the CB750 hold a decent value but never worth a lot and that is if they are in very good condition, remember allthe mods that you do will if you keep the bike for say a hundred years actually hurt the price so keep all the stock items if you plan on handing the bike to your grandkids:D

The Roadster is a magnificent beast and I find the peg location to be quite comfortable. Best I've done so far is 500 miles in a day though; I felt fine after, but I can't speak for longer rides.

Also, no matter what anyone here tries to tell you, it's the *white* stripes that make it go faster. Not the red ones.

edit: that feeling when you realize you've responded to a necro'd four year-old thread. Oh well.
Been smoking the happy bacy have we :D

Doubt it very much, I think they will be like the CB750 hold a decent value but never worth a lot and that is if they are in very good condition, remember allthe mods that you do will if you keep the bike for say a hundred years actually hurt the price so keep all the stock items if you plan on handing the bike to your grandkids:D

I think eventually they will be worth money, whether the older among us will be around to see it well that's another thing. Your example of the 750 four is a good one. What were they new in the 70's? 3k? Common prices here in Aus for neat ones can range from 15 to 20k and beyond. Six times the original purchase price isn't too bad. As a matter of fact when I bought the first of my Katanas which was about 15 years ago I actually wanted a Honda 4 but they were already starting to command decent money. I bought my first 82 Katana then for $2500 and it's worth about 15k conservatively in today's market. Both of these bikes had a "first" under their belt. The Honda 4 being one of the first mainstream inline 4's and considered by some to be the original superbike. The Katana being the first of the mainstream "laydown to ride" sportsbikes. The Rocket has had it's place in history as the biggest engined bike for a long time. It won't matter if it gets passed later on its still earned its spot.
Only time will tell as they say....

Or two, or three?
Umm Four actually

23244451_1567373776634629_1017504593078345844_n.jpg

Back