M.J

Supercharged
Ride
Triumph Rocket III 2005/ Triumph Rocket 3 R 2020
Does anyone know if you can put forward pegs on the 3 R as i was looking to sort of have highway pegs,but have no engine guard on the bike the bike is the 2020 R thanks

...yes you can....all parts on the 2020 GT and R model are interchangeable....go to the Triumph site and configure your bike and you will see....

As mentioned, you can put the GT forward controls on your R if you want to swap out the mid controls. You can't however, have the mid controls and the forward pegs on at the same time in the event you were wanting to use them as periodic highway pegs.

Something like this?

Duh!! Bit me again. I need to start doing a thorough search for "2020" before posting replies ! :banghead:

As mentioned, you can put the GT forward controls on your R if you want to swap out the mid controls. You can't however, have the mid controls and the forward pegs on at the same time in the event you were wanting to use them as periodic highway pegs.
Thanks that is what i wanted to do,iwanted to put highway pegs on but leave everything else as it is,i did'nt know if there was a way to just buy another set of pegs to fit forward for the highway,so that is not possible then?,any ideas on this Thanks

no problem Thanks
...FWIW....i have the GT which as you know has the forward controls...i hang my ankles over them as you would hiway pegs...just to stretch my legs...works well...so if you wanted to...i would look at fitting some pegs in those mounting holes....even if it means getting a plate made that lines up with the mounting holes...fitting pegs to the plates and powder coating them to a nice black finish.

...FWIW....i have the GT which as you know has the forward controls...i hang my ankles over them as you would hiway pegs...just to stretch my legs...works well...so if you wanted to...i would look at fitting some pegs in those mounting holes....even if it means getting a plate made that lines up with the mounting holes...fitting pegs to the plates and powder coating them to a nice black finish.
Good idea i will look into that,bit more work than i thought,i thought the pegs would just screw into the forward holes if they were triumph,but that is the way forward with plates and weldd the pegs to them,i was torn between the R or GT but my back kills me on a long ride without the backrest seat,which i have on my older Rocket,which i will keep,it is a 2005,and in showroom condition,with 11500 miles on it,i like the new R, but it does not have the style of my old rocket,which i love riding,i got the new one because of all the gadgets,like the abs,rider modes ect; but my older rocket,is the looker in my opinion,just oozes style,but the R is a good bike,if i was'nt for my back i would have gone for the GT

if i was'nt for my back i would have gone for the GT
i thought i preferred my feet under me as my 2016 Roadster had but i wanted all the bits the GT offered so thats what i got. My thoughts were to get mid mounted pegs and leave the forward pegs there for hiway pegs...but now...you know what?...i love the forward pegs!...they are not too far forward to be a stretch so its all g.

Back