i thought i preferred my feet under me as my 2016 Roadster had but i wanted all the bits the GT offered so thats what i got. My thoughts were to get mid mounted pegs and leave the forward pegs there for hiway pegs...but now...you know what?...i love the forward pegs!...they are not too far forward to be a stretch so its all g.
i will look at your idea,it sounds good,thank for your help MJ

Hi MJ
I also suffer with a bad back, I find the set up on my GT extremely comfortable and the forward pegs are great for my arthritic knees :). On a long run of more that an hour on any bike (I also have a Thunderbird LT and a HD Road King) I wear a back support. I find this is better than using the rider backrest on my LT which I have removed.
Hope you love the bike as much as I do!

Steve

i thought i preferred my feet under me as my 2016 Roadster had but i wanted all the bits the GT offered so thats what i got. My thoughts were to get mid mounted pegs and leave the forward pegs there for hiway pegs...but now...you know what?...i love the forward pegs!...they are not too far forward to be a stretch so its all g.
That was my exact same attitude. I'm 5'8" and moved the forward controls to the nearest setting. I found that I liked it much more than I expected and hang my ankles off them on long rides. I don't suffer from back issues, however, and that may be your deciding factor.

There have been some previous threads on the topic, but I believe the issue with installing both sets of pegs is that the brake line placement won't allow for the GT pegs to be installed with the mid controls.

Hi MJ
I also suffer with a bad back, I find the set up on my GT extremely comfortable and the forward pegs are great for my arthritic knees :). On a long run of more that an hour on any bike (I also have a Thunderbird LT and a HD Road King) I wear a back support. I find this is better than using the rider backrest on my LT which I have removed.
Hope you love the bike as much as I do!

Steve
Hi Steve,my back problem is a sports injury,i have lived with it since the 80s,on my old rocket,i have the seat with built in backrest,the Triumph one ,that is as rare as rocking horse ****e,I use this with an air seat and i rode to York which is four hours,and had no problems,it took a lot of trials to find something that was right on thiat bike for me,i have to do the same on all bikes,i have foot plates,and highway pegs on the old rocket and the set up is perfect,back supports don't work for me at all,so what i am trying to do is make the R like my old rocket,which is why i got the R and not the GT,so i could have back and forward foot pegs,i tried the GT and could not ride like that all day like i can on my old rocket,it is a pain but the idea the other member said is worth a try,plates with footpegs welded to them and bolted to the front mountings,i did think that Triumph footpegs screwed strait on but been told no,so i have to go the other way with plates,if i don't sort it I will not enjoy the bike and will tend to ride my old rocket on longer journeys. Thank you for your mail,ride safe and keep in touch Regards MJ

Can y
As mentioned, you can put the GT forward controls on your R if you want to swap out the mid controls. You can't however, have the mid controls and the forward pegs on at the same time in the event you were wanting to use them as periodic highway pegs.
Can you have both sets of pegs on if the controls are on the forward pegs?

Can y

Can you have both sets of pegs on if the controls are on the forward pegs?
I guess the same way as i was just told,i will leave the controls as they are on my R,and get some footpegs welded to a plate and bolt that on the front to use as highway pegs,I should think you could do exactly the same on the GT,the idea is a winner i think

As mentioned, you can put the GT forward controls on your R if you want to swap out the mid controls. You can't however, have the mid controls and the forward pegs on at the same time in the event you were wanting to use them as periodic highway pegs.
Thank you

Thank you

...FWIW....i have the GT which as you know has the forward controls...i hang my ankles over them as you would hiway pegs...just to stretch my legs...works well...so if you wanted to...i would look at fitting some pegs in those mounting holes....even if it means getting a plate made that lines up with the mounting holes...fitting pegs to the plates and powder coating them to a nice black finish.
Looked into your idea yesterday,and that will work great,thanks for the idea Ride safe MJ

.....and.....if you hav the GT and want pegs under you...so you can stand up and stretch or maybe to use them to stand on when mounting up...you may need to swing your leg high over luggage?....then get a bracket made with pegs to fit the midmount holes...just maybe?

Back