Fly Screen Mod

britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
I am thinking about extending the Fly Screen distance when mounting to buy some additional room. I stole this shot from the other site. Not a bad idea, but still thinking.

It works

I net a guy down here at the local dealer one day and he is a big guy and had the problem with the wind hitting him in the chest. So to fix it he put 6" spcers on like the ones in you pic and he said it did the trick.
I have been thinking the same thing because the wind hits me in the face. I have a friend who works in a machine shop and he said he will make them for me. I just need money. I was making mine from aluminum.

The best material for this application would be cast iron. That way you don't have to worry about accidental wheelies. It will be easier to get to the key too. Rademis
( if this works for the guy, more power to him) I have decided, my bike is all about function first, then comfort, then form/looks.

Last edited:
Britman

How bout if you painted the stanchions red (match the bike) then see what it looks like.You can always wipe it off with laquer thinner. BJC Mabey look better round.

Last edited:
Chrome Spacers

Your local (real) hardwear store should have chome spacers that vary in length that are round.

http://www.saeng.com/2117.htm

How about adding a wing to the top, especially if its adjustable??

been contemplating this for longer summer trips when its too hot for windshield but want some blast protection

HeR3tic went through the wing thing last summer. His parted company with him on the freeway and became a UFO.:D

I don't really think he will give a glowing recommendation for the wing thing.

Back