pjl52

.040 Over
Been debating with myself (a one sided debate) whether to change from pegs to floorboards on my 08 standard, I recently went for a ride on an R3T and found the floorboards more comfortable than what I thought they would be.

What do you guys think of the floorboards versus the pegs, replies from owners that have had both would be of particular interest? Also, opinions on OEM versus Kuryakyn or Rivco would be helpful.

Thanks

Peter

pete,
I started out with an '07 standard.
Bought the floorboards as soon as I could.
Wouldn't go back, no reason to.
Kind of like a darkside tire,
The change was good and I won't be going back.

floorboards also have had both and the boards are more comfortable especially on long rides

Okay, it sounds like floorboards are the way to go for my riding style, has anybody used the Rivco or Kuryakyn boards or is OEM the way to go.

Oh and a recommendation of where to purchase would be appreciated, bike bits are expensive and choices limited in Oz!

Thanks

Peter

The ideal set up would be the factory classic or touring boards, but that requires replacing the bars and everything. Some guys here have swapped parts but other than that it's aftermarket. I've asked around about Rivco boards but not many have done the conversion or didn't have any comment. Whatever you decide to go with, I'd be grateful if you post your results and how you feel about them. I'm wanting to go to boards myself.

The ideal set up would be the factory classic or touring boards, but that requires replacing the bars and everything. Some guys here have swapped parts but other than that it's aftermarket. I've asked around about Rivco boards but not many have done the conversion or didn't have any comment. Whatever you decide to go with, I'd be grateful if you post your results and how you feel about them. I'm wanting to go to boards myself.
No worries happy to do so, might be a little while though until I get the Christmas bills out of the way!

Peter

Kuryakyn Switchblades

Have you considered an "in between" option like the Kuryakyn Switchblades? I put 'em on my '07 Standard and love'em. When I'm gettin' on it through the twisties I leave them folded up and they still have a larger foot contact area and are MUCH more comfortable than the stock pegs. When I'm cruising/touring, I unfold the heel "stirrup" thingie and they're almost as comfy as the floorboards on my ElectraGlide. Much cheaper and easier to install than the 'boards.

Back