It’s a far cry from the discussions around paint can rattles, upgrade kits, fitting K&Ns under the bear claw and/or cutting the bear claw, removing secondary butterflies, fitting (shock horror) a gear indication that also removed the factory restriction in 1-3, several exhaust options, headlight relays, detent springs, where’s 6th……You know, actually useful stuff. 😔

It’s a far cry from the discussions around paint can rattles, upgrade kits, fitting K&Ns under the bear claw and/or cutting the bear claw, removing secondary butterflies, fitting (shock horror) a gear indication that also removed the factory restriction in 1-3, several exhaust options, headlight relays, detent springs, where’s 6th……You know, actually useful stuff. 😔
Forgot the infamous ignition switch problem:p:oops:

FWIW.....im thinking 'What transformation could happen on the air induction on these new R3's?"....there will be a clever minded person who will come up with an air scoop system surely?...Already exhaust systems have been altered...give us time 'Badboy'...the pages will fill with new stuff for the 2.5's im sure...plus...i for one still love the Mk 1 version of the Rocket...i just dont own one now is all.

As we all know change is factual and a need for improvement. Before Gen 2 happened, all I wanted was improvements in the detent spring, 6 gears, heated grips and LED lighting. Adding a decent rear trunk and factory fairing. Unfortunately Triumph went further. They took the rear end off. Took the footboards and the crash bars. And even worse they made the Touring model small. Oh well, I bought a late model R3T just in case. The new generation is awesome. Just not my desire. Not many manufacturers build for mid 60s that tilt the scales at 300lbs. I’m glad Triumph went in the new direction. Hopefully they will stay in business and prosper.

I did predict the new 2.5 bike would bring in lots of new members. The two bikes are so very different and hardly comparable. I find the older one my comfortable and mine is faster than my new one but the new one is better looking and loads of fun.

Im sure it took some years to develop modifications for the first Gen and it will be the same with the new one.

I did predict the new 2.5 bike would bring in lots of new members. The two bikes are so very different and hardly comparable. I find the older one my comfortable and mine is faster than my new one but the new one is better looking and loads of fun.

Im sure it took some years to develop modifications for the first Gen and it will be the same with the new one.
I can’t argue that the Gen 2 Rocket brings much more to the forum. I remember when I was a new member and listening to the discussions on a wide range of topics. I sure learned a lot about my bike. Back then the comparison between Touring and Crusier was very good info for the new Rocket owner. True the same engine, but much different bikes. The 2.5s seem to be a totally different cycle. I’ve rode my friend’s GT and it’s totally different from either of my R3Ts. Not a bad crusier, but nothing like a Gen1 Touring. 500 miles on the GT would not be fun. Frankly I don’t think I could do it. 500 on a stock TR3T is a hell of a long day for me, but not painful. Just different rides.

Back