I can’t argue that the Gen 2 Rocket brings much more to the forum. I remember when I was a new member and listening to the discussions on a wide range of topics. I sure learned a lot about my bike. Back then the comparison between Touring and Crusier was very good info for the new Rocket owner. True the same engine, but much different bikes. The 2.5s seem to be a totally different cycle. I’ve rode my friend’s GT and it’s totally different from either of my R3Ts. Not a bad crusier, but nothing like a Gen1 Touring. 500 miles on the GT would not be fun. Frankly I don’t think I could do it. 500 on a stock TR3T is a hell of a long day for me, but not painful. Just different rides.
500 miles on a GT and you dont get a sore back, sore arse or sore anything pretty much...its a very comfortable ride!...lots of torque when you need it ...awesome brakes and light to maneuver....love it!

It’s a far cry from the discussions around paint can rattles, upgrade kits, fitting K&Ns under the bear claw and/or cutting the bear claw, removing secondary butterflies, fitting (shock horror) a gear indication that also removed the factory restriction in 1-3, several exhaust options, headlight relays, detent springs, where’s 6th……You know, actually useful stuff. 😔
need to make tshirts that say
2.3 litre ? Thats cute
TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 2500CC

Just kidding I loved my old bike but im fairly certain im going to love the new one more

I think it might be difficult for some long time owners of the older Rockets to appreciate the new ones. Once you spend years working on and loving your fully customized bike you just can't help being very attached and therefore supportive of that model.

I'm curious about how many members on here own one or more of each?

I think it might be difficult for some long time owners of the older Rockets to appreciate the new ones. Once you spend years working on and loving your fully customized bike you just can't help being very attached and therefore supportive of that model.

I'm curious about how many members on here own one or more of each?
Myself I have 2 of the 'older models' & yes love them of course....now I can't really judge the new one's as I haven't ridden one yet, but plan to some day & then I might forgive all you new 2.5 owners 😂

I had the 05 with a ton of power but a ton of mechanical problems that never were resolved. The 14 Rocket was awesome and the only reason I got rid of it was due to the back road abilities of the 2020 Rocket. I hated to part with my 14 Rocket but I wanted to try the 2020. I couldn't justify keeping both as I don't ride near as much as when younger. I do love the hell out of my 2020 and it certainly is comfy on long hauls. It isn't a 1981 Yamaha XS1100 but then again nothing is.;)

Myself I have 2 of the 'older models' & yes love them of course....now I can't really judge the new one's as I haven't ridden one yet, but plan to some day & then I might forgive all you new 2.5 owners 😂
Excellent point. Owners of the 2.3 have had the opportunity to make changes and enjoy them. I made my 08 Touring into a dresser. Just what I wanted. The additions were quite easy and straight forward. My 15 Touring might become expendable for a Rocket Crusier. I don’t see where the 2.5 can be set up for my wife and I. But then, it doesn’t have to!

Excellent point. Owners of the 2.3 have had the opportunity to make changes and enjoy them. I made my 08 Touring into a dresser. Just what I wanted. The additions were quite easy and straight forward. My 15 Touring might become expendable for a Rocket Crusier. I don’t see where the 2.5 can be set up for my wife and I. But then, it doesn’t have to!
I agree that the new ones just don’t seem to have the capacity to morph into a dressed up tourer. They dont even have the ability to add crash bars for highway pegs, yet.

I agree that the new ones just don’t seem to have the capacity to morph into a dressed up tourer. They dont even have the ability to add crash bars for highway pegs, yet.
that’s a good thing in my eyes. really don’t think that is this bikes purpose. i would probably go indian i think if i was looking for a full touring bike . they seem to have some good options there . but i was looking for a muscle roadster and this ticks all the boxes for me

that’s a good thing in my eyes. really don’t think that is this bikes purpose. i would probably go indian i think if i was looking for a full touring bike . they seem to have some good options there . but i was looking for a muscle roadster and this ticks all the boxes for me
got it in one!...its not Triumphs thing to build Tourers...its been evident for a number of years now.

Love those Indian's, especially the challenger 👌

Back