FlipMeister Billet Stainless Brake Line Clamps

Nice Job Flipper

I'll be contacting you for a set when the Fat Bottom Girl returns to the nest. They do come with a free water pump cleaning included don't they. You should do well with these. My stock plastic pieces of crap fell off long ago and they are double the price at New Bonneville.com.

We'll do it here, no charge...

Looking good Flip!

Dumb question time (please bear in mind I am currently not near my R3) Is it safe to assume they can be attached to the fender without having to remove the wheel?

Best regards

Tony

Tony:

I know you aren't near your R3.....Yes. You bring it by and I'll personally install yours.

On the install, it's actually a little easier to remove the fender to pop the plastic clips out. They are the 'Tree' type commonly used on assembly lines and they are hard to pull directly out but if you remove the fender fork slide protector (2 bolts each side) and then the fender (2 bolts each side), the clips pop right out if you tap them on the backside with a brass hammer or block of wood. The capscrew that holds the body of the clamp on fits snugly in the hole vacated by the plastic plug and you just screw the body on, slip a 9/16" open end wrench between the tire and the fender and tighten the body to the fender, aligning the brake hose with the form milled slot. Apply the cap with the 2 socket head screws and that's it.

Tony:

I know you aren't near your R3.....Yes. You bring it by and I'll personally install yours.

On the install, it's actually a little easier to remove the fender to pop the plastic clips out. They are the 'Tree' type commonly used on assembly lines and they are hard to pull directly out but if you remove the fender fork slide protector (2 bolts each side) and then the fender (2 bolts each side), the clips pop right out if you tap them on the backside with a brass hammer or block of wood. The capscrew that holds the body of the clamp on fits snugly in the hole vacated by the plastic plug and you just screw the body on, slip a 9/16" open end wrench between the tire and the fender and tighten the body to the fender, aligning the brake hose with the form milled slot. Apply the cap with the 2 socket head screws and that's it.

Nice one Flip!

I'll make sure I'll have some of those cold Stella Artois' on hand as it sounds like thirsty work!

Flipper

Hey Flip..nutin corrodes out here..You wouldn't know to handle not being In the rust belt.We have T6 missile equipment (raw) setting here for the last 45 yrs.No fuzz clean as a whistle. Jack You better consult with Hombra about patents..I might copy them things.

Washers

Flip, what is the diameter of the clamp and the cap screw thread diameter. I have some phenolic washers that I might apply;) Someone once told me the formula for figuring bolt thread diameter based on the head size; but alas, I forget?

Those will serve perfectly. One of those **** "tree" clips on my beast is constantly popping out. It will be a snap to get one of 'em on.

Last edited:
Flip

Just buy a set and shut your yap.:D
What the hell for ,they are absolutely not needed,and don't give me that crap about stressing and wearing out the line from flexing.That what braded line Is for..DOT probably required them.Got a little chrome button In the little hole, looks nice an clean..Build me a blower that I can use..Your turn....Jack

Dont waste your time telling me why they are needed.I won't have the bike when Its got 100.000 on it....

Dont waste your time telling me why they are needed.I won't have the bike when Its got 100.000 on it....

When the bike has 100K on it, you won't need it anyway. You'll be push'in up daisies, excuse me. ragweed.:eek:

I know you are gonna buy a set eventually Jack. You are like and old copy of Readers Digest. Predictable and wrinkled.;)

Heavy Bling

Hey Flip, the two appear to me to come out to about a pound.And what clarence you got for the hose if any or did you mic it and drill then mill drill for finish?True about stainless and aluminum not liking each other but like BusaJack I would want mine out of 2024-T3,7075-t6 or even 7050. I'd even pay extra for magnesium. Ever play with that stuff ? Better get your gas mask and halon ready. So you got you a multipost turret and a J head, with the right set up you could knock a set out in a half hour, maybe a little less.If you make a few hundred you may be able to get a used machining center and pop em out in 5 min. Did I tell you I hate stainless, tool killin sh*t. Bagum up;)

Back