Fitting Pretech 6 pot calipers, stock hoses just not long enough

Martin-Brighton-uk

Supercharged
Ride
2011 Roadster in HOK Burgundy Candy
Hello Captains,

I've got myself some **** fine Pretech 6 pot calipers for the front of my R3R 2011 ABS

Now the existing hoses are already stainless steel braided so I was hoping to keep them in place and connect to the new caliper, but the banjo connection on the new Pretech caliper is just slightly (maybe an inch) lower than the stock caliper and it doesn't need an angle on it as it does stock.

My question is... Has anyone fitted Pretech 6 pot calipers and what did they do for the hoses? I can remove the 3 way adaptor piece from the headstock and if I drop it down an inch this may suffice, but the front suspension then comes up and the mudguard may hit on it?

There is a HEL kit I see online, HBF8014.

Actually I see a thread where @Joesmoe mentions he's done exactly the same with Pretech. @Joesmoe, did you

Gonna use this company and get line from ABS pulser to a T piece turn to the two calipers. Will work out cheaper than the full set from HEL as I don't need to replace all 6 lines anyway.
Home page

Using couplings of any kind to extend a brake hose length in my books is not advisable, all you are doing (apart from making it longer) is adding more joints for leaks the correct and best way(but most expensive) is to replace the entire line with a new line.
In fact the golden rule is to reduce all joints where possible.

You should be aware of all the kerfuffle with the ABS brakes too

Hi
Ran two separate lines from the Master cylinder one to each caliper , used some flex to get the lengths required (measure with forks extended) ordered the hoses and fittings from Hel .clipped the hoses together midway between master cylinder and bottom yoke then clamped to the rear of the yoke ,hoses separated at this point giving a nice route down to the clamps on the mudgaurd.
20181030_164205.jpg 20181030_164240.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Mike. Mines a Roadster with ABS so the lines go from MC to ABS pulser then to calipers via a T piece.

I've spoken to HEL and they are going to supply me the front portion of their Rocket Roadster ABS set (3 hoses) but slightly longer on the ones the the calipers and with straight banjos. Under £100 all in.

Thanks @Ygransom I looked at the flipmiesters website and there is exactly the thing that would do the trick, but it's $45 and in the US. Sure it's lovingly made from unaffordium but i can't warrant $45 plus shipping to the UK. Yes I'd like something better, but a stainless steel p-clip costing £1.25 is currently the likely candidate. Or if @micromike1 fancies knocking something up for a tenner via PayPal? ;)

Back