FINDING IT A BIT STRANGE

I've always felt they made the ideal car/truck gun. They can be left for months on end and still be counted on to function and in the unlikely event they are stolen, they are easily replaceable.

Amen to that!
I also REALLY like my modified Beretta CX4 carbine in 9!

We don't have guns in OZ anymore only the bad guys and the Police have guns here, so when a bad guy drives by and shoots up your house Phone 000 and all will be good, :whitstling:

Ken,
Do appreciate your honesty and comments in regards to this subject. :thumbsup: :inlove :D

We don't have guns in OZ anymore only the bad guys and the Police have guns here, so when a bad guy drives by and shoots up your house Phone 000 and all will be good, :whitstling:

@HansO and I are just as likely to fill you full of arrows though if you rile us. ;):roll::roll:

Well you can still have longarms if you have a legitimate purpose i.e. access to private or publicly owned hunting property, a gun club membership or a rural property owner. Very strict on handguns which are usually required to be kept in club safes and no semi or full automatic long firearms only 5 shot bolt or lever actions and hinged break shotguns etc.

I sold all mine when I left the Northern Territory but can get them again when ever I like as I have a 250 acre bush block up there still. The biggest pain these days is you must have a gun safe to store them in at home and they can legally inspect you at any time and you get busted if they are not all locked up without good cause. The days of driving my old 4x4 Toyota Landcruiser troopie around with a double barreled shottie folded open over the transmission hump in town are well and truly gone.

Houses being shot up by baddies is still pretty rare in OZ mainly parts of Sydney notorious for Middle Eastern drug dealers and a few outlaw bikies shooting up each others clubhouses and member's homes after watching too many episodes of 'Breaking Bad' and 'Sons of Anarchy' including a few here in Canberra over the past 5 years.

Strangely there is no real hassle with travelling with long arms on aircraft, just inform the airline, arrive at the airport and check them in for cargohold carry with documentation and locked gun cases and pick up at the other end.

I feel very badly for those of you that no longer have the means to protect yourselves and your family, by a government that thinks it knows what's best for everyone, and that good citizens can't be trusted with firearms.

Do they really believe that the criminals will follow those laws; after all the others that they've already broken?

Of course they don't; because it's all about controlling their "subjects;" and has nothing to do with protecting them. :sick:

I keep reading on here how people prefer their full dress Harley's over the Rocket because of the comfort provided on the dressers. They seem to like the rocket but provide plenty of info on how great their full dress Harley,s are for long trips. Giving the options of what is offered by the vast market of full dresser's, Harley would be on the bottom of the list. If I desired to own a bike with all the bells and whistles It would have to be a Gold Wing. All the way around a much better touring bike. Then again no hype just fit form and function. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
My 2 cents.....I think my new Rocket rides way better than my Harley Road Glide.(I've owned several) And I even upgraded the suspension! However wifeys 2011 has a much stiffer seat and shocks but still a pretty good ride. But I love everything motorcycle. They are all cool. But some just don't fit me or the way I ride. What I did miss while touring was cruise. And in truth, if I hadn't rode my wife's Rocket I'd still be riding my Glide! It would cost a fortune making my Harley perform like the Rocket box stock.

I started riding on a 250cc runabout...but wanted to go places and made it work. Never complained cause it was what I had. Then I upgraded to A big Suzuki....powerful and could run any road. Better for touring, but had to be pressed into the service, you could load your luggage or a passenger but not both. Now I've got my Rocket Touring, and I am in 7th Heaven.....IT's roomy and it gets out of it's own way, and carries all that I need and a passenger too! The common thread for all these bikes is a Corbin touring seat. A good seat makes all the difference on any bike.

And I missed how guns got in this thread but I got plenty of them and be darned if the gubmint will ever take them!

Back