FINDING IT A BIT STRANGE

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
I keep reading on here how people prefer their full dress Harley's over the Rocket because of the comfort provided on the dressers. They seem to like the rocket but provide plenty of info on how great their full dress Harley,s are for long trips. Giving the options of what is offered by the vast market of full dresser's, Harley would be on the bottom of the list. If I desired to own a bike with all the bells and whistles It would have to be a Gold Wing. All the way around a much better touring bike. Then again no hype just fit form and function. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Totally agree sonny. Nothing wrong if like HD's just too much shake n bake for me.

Been there, done that. Goldwing is a killer long distance machine. Latte, Lenard Skinner and cruise control.

Have known many people now on HD's that have had a Goldwings. Mostly I hear it was more like an Accord than a motorcycle, very generic to ride. Another common complaint was that they could not "move around" on them, very much one set place to sit and put feet. There is one in my MC currently and he likes it because his BMW was such a problem child and this bike is completely drama free. The reason I prefer touring on the HD dresser and even the 2016 softail heritage are things like electronic cruise, linked abs, throttle-by-wire, built in tach, gear indicator. Then on Glides add GPS and good stereo along with other electronic niceties. So, I am like the folks you refer to above. I love my big girl and her comfortable seat, crazy tq, fly-by-you power, but at the end of the day, I do not want to be without both.

Yes. And I would add a bmw k1600 to that list. Huge power and way more options. The Harley is by far the biggest dog on the list. No power, no handling, horrendous braking and vibey.

Have known many people now on HD's that have had a Goldwings. Mostly I hear it was more like an Accord than a motorcycle, very generic to ride. Another common complaint was that they could not "move around" on them, very much one set place to sit and put feet. There is one in my MC currently and he likes it because his BMW was such a problem child and this bike is completely drama free. The reason I prefer touring on the HD dresser and even the 2016 softail heritage are things like electronic cruise, linked abs, throttle-by-wire, built in tach, gear indicator. Then on Glides add GPS and good stereo along with other electronic niceties. So, I am like the folks you refer to above. I love my big girl and her comfortable seat, crazy tq, fly-by-you power, but at the end of the day, I do not want to be without both.
Owned A Gold Wing at one time. Own a 2010 Fatboy. If I were to take a long trip and had a choice of either The fatboy or a goldwing guess which one i would take?:whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:

Isn't this beautiful? And that handsome looking guy!!
colorado.jpg

I don't see where throttle by wire is any advantage on long trips. Cruise can be added to a Rocket, a built in gear indicator is no advantage, either is a tach although it would be nice to have, on long trips you do not ride near redline for hours at a time. I am happy with ABS but I'm fine with it not being linked, in fact I been fine without it at all for 60 years. I don't want stereo when I ride my bike, if I did an iPod and an earphone would probably be better than a set of speakers in a fairing. To me the Rocket is a great touring bike. It is comfortable for me, I like the footboards and I added some crash bar pegs, the seat is great (mine is the long haul touring with backrest) and the mirrors don't vibrate. The bike stops quicker than a Harley, has way more power, gets good gas mileage and I can tell which bike is mine if parked in a group. I also like Harleys but don't think they are a better cruiser bike than the Rocket.

Back