Floor boards

Well I just got back from Texas and went to a Triumph place there and this guy had a rocket and he put these pegs on and they had a stirup that would rest your heel when your going on long rides and you can kick it back in and then there be nomal pegs . They looked really cool . I think this is a good compromise for me and he had mirror that had single lights built in on both sides of the mirror.

Wider Is Better

My only drawback with the floorboards is that when you are stationary, like at a traffic light, you need to widen your stance to clear the boards
Even with my short legs and floorboards, it feels great to stretch 'em out to the side as far as I can. Maybe it's got something to do with the weight of that rascal and I figure the farther apart the legs, the less chance Mr. Motorcycle goes south on me!

Floor boards

I took my bike in to have the rotors replaced tuesday and they gave me a loaner bike that had floor boards. Even at only 5'.5" 1/2 i don't like the position of my legs. Also I have to streach my legs apart more to miss the boards when I come to a stop. Also the kick stand is under them and is a little harder to get at. I think I will stay with my pegs though the sturip thing sounds interesting.:rolleyes:

Well I just got back from Texas and went to a Triumph place there and this guy had a rocket and he put these pegs on and they had a stirup that would rest your heel when your going on long rides and you can kick it back in and then there be nomal pegs . They looked really cool . I think this is a good compromise for me and he had mirror that had single lights built in on both sides of the mirror.

Cane,
Can you muster up a pic or link of these "stirrup" critters?:)

Cane, I can tell you are on the initial new Rocket high. I have good news for you, its never leaves. Sounds like you got a great package. Enjoy.............

pegs

This guys say he use to race bikes and I asked him if the sturips hit the ground. And he said if he is going to go fast around cornners he kicks then in .He uses the sturips when he is on the HWY or when he is just cruising around town. Any how I have not looked yet on these sights he gave me but he said these are the sights he used for his Rocket. I'm not sure what one has the stirips but I'm sure one of use will find them . I think its Britishcustom.com but they seem to be down under construction right know. and the other's where Customturnsignals.com and TuckerRocky also Progressive shocks.

This is my Rocket

This is my new Rocket . I put the leather bags up on e-bay if any one is interested I have no use for them I don't go on long trips.They are a little scuffed up in front but besides that there in good shape. One day I would like to get rid of my big windshield I know it is great on the Hwy it really cuts down the rind but I would like to get one of those fly screens there a little more sporty.

Back