Finally bought a Rocket. She's still at the dealership but I'll fly up and get her soon!

I've loved the Rockets since the first time I saw a Red/Chrome on back in ~2008. I always wanted a Touring and now that they've stopped making those I figured I should get one while they were still around.
Today I bought a 2015 with 7529 miles and I can't wait to fly up to Spokane and drive her back down to Phoenix.

I definitely need a throttle lock for the trip so if you guys have recommendations for which one works best I'd appreciate it!
BrakeAway is the best I've encountered. Love it on my '13 Touring. Did you buy the bike at the Triumph dealership in Spokane?

I haven't seen this one before. I was leaning toward the Atlas but it does not disengage by the brake. I think you can roll the throttle down but I'm still inclined to have one that shuts off if you have to quickly hit the brakes.

How difficult was it to install?
Read the instructions. It took me about 1 hour. I'm Mr. Slo. Be careful with the small screws. The get lost ezzy. Once dialed it works great. All others slip. This one holds. The R3 throttle springs are hard and the bars vibrate. Got one for the CB. Only thing better will be a true cruise control.

BrakeAway is the best I've encountered. Love it on my '13 Touring. Did you buy the bike at the Triumph dealership in Spokane?
I'm leaning toward the Brakeaway. I bought it from Empire Cycle in Spokane.

IMG_0441.JPG
The wrist rest helps. The BrakeAway works. Worth the extra $$ and the installation hassle.
The dealer said they will install it for me if they can get it in before I fly up to get the bike so I'm pretty sure the Brakeaway is the winner. And I'm buying the flipthingy too.

The rocket works so good with just a throttle lock as the torque of the engine speed varies very little
Saying that I rode a Indian a while back and it had a electronic cruise and I really liked it so I am going to
put a electronic cruise on. I will probably do my own with either a system of a ex customer of ours that we use to make
cruise controls wiring harnesses for. Or I will do my own and add it to a raspberry Pi interface I am building which will have
CarPlay , Nav system that actually works in outback Australia and helmet interface with Handle bar controls .
Hey don't need to update my Bike I will be able to update or add features as I see fit

The rocket works so good with just a throttle lock as the torque of the engine speed varies very little
Saying that I rode a Indian a while back and it had a electronic cruise and I really liked it so I am going to
put a electronic cruise on. I will probably do my own with either a system of a ex customer of ours that we use to make
cruise controls wiring harnesses for. Or I will do my own and add it to a raspberry Pi interface I am building which will have
CarPlay , Nav system that actually works in outback Australia and helmet interface with Handle bar controls .
Hey don't need to update my Bike I will be able to update or add features as I see fit
My buddy just bought a Goldwing and I rode it for a bit and the cruise is great. The seating position also reduced my hand numbers but was tight for my stiff hips.

I’m hoping the Rocket Diane vibrate the hand to death either

My buddy just bought a Goldwing and I rode it for a bit and the cruise is great. The seating position also reduced my hand numbers but was tight for my stiff hips.

I’m hoping the Rocket Diane vibrate the hand to death either
I haven't had an issue on my '14 R3T. Can't say the same when I had my '10 Thunderbird.
-MIG

Back