just my opinion
the original works great and if u do not want to use a torque wrench just tighten it tight enough it wont fall out.
i would not want to use like metals and if u use anti seizes then that will mess up the torque setting.
if it does break off u need to use a reverse drill bit and rev drill and it will come out w/o problem.
and we know what happens when we use reg drill.:roll::roll:

by the way the magnets r in there for a reason
for example lets say that one of your bearings starts going bad and part of that bearing gets caught by the magnet that is its job but assume u do not have the magnet in there and that piece gets in the ring gear it will either chew it up or lock the rear wheel. now if a bearing gets in the ring gear i guarantee u will come to a screeching halt :(
i suppose that if u found a piece of something on the magnet u would know to park it.

by the way the magnets r in there for a reason
for example lets say that one of your bearings starts going bad and part of that bearing gets caught by the magnet that is its job but assume u do not have the magnet in there and that piece gets in the ring gear it will either chew it up or lock the rear wheel. now if a bearing gets in the ring gear i guarantee u will come to a screeching halt :(
i suppose that if u found a piece of something on the magnet u would know to park it.

Duly noted on both counts TURBO200R4 and good advice. I will more than likely stay with what is in there. Perhaps one of the Kawasaki ones might be better made. I pay close attention to torque settings from the manual. Plus, with many years of teaching machine shop and wrenching I have a good feel for when enough is enough... even when I didn't have a torque wrench. I have snapped very few screws and taps in my lifetime. :)

Last edited:
Back