Final drive oil level

R3_2.5

.020 Over
Hi everyone. This is my first Triumph, so I’m hoping this is more “common knowledge” to some of you here. The manual covers that the final drive oil level should be even with the bottom of the filler. However, it doesn’t specify if this is with the bike on its side stand, or upright. Can anyone confirm the proper bike position for this check?

I wouldn’t have thought too much about this, except it specifies clearly that when checking the motor oil level the bike should be on its side stand.

Two answers so far, one for each :)

I’m going to try to email triumph directly and see if they have a clear answer. I’ll update the thread if/when I hear back. Still interested to hear opinions while waiting.

The service manual states upright.

1608739315239.png

why not make the hole a little higher then u wouldn't need an assistant :banghead: :banghead: :roll::roll:

why not make the hole a little higher then u wouldn't need an assistant :banghead: :banghead: :roll::roll:
I have a chock for the front wheel on my table lift, so it's no trouble for me. I guess many have some sort of stand/lift that can hold their sweetheart upright whilst checking the fluid level at the rear :) or they have an assistant to hand:

1608751851382.png

Back