Favorite Apps (weather, navigation)

Definitely Dark Sky. I live in a remote area and the app not only finds me but lists the name of my farm as it’s location. No other app does that. I also like the percepitation notifications.

Do you guys have any apps you'd recommend?

From your suggestion, I looked that Dark Sky up.
Downloaded it , used it a few times and liked it enough that I bought the ad-free version.
Excellent App for future weather predictions at different locations!
Gratitude!!!

Wi
I am more a fan of FLOWX. Flowx - Home - Flowx
Like all apps the "prediction" is only as good as the Data - and the model that creates the data used.
The apps are NOT modelling. Just displaying.
Windy (available as App or desktop website) allows the different weather models to be selected. I find it very useful for my fishing trip planning.

I am more a fan of FLOWX. Flowx - Home - Flowx
Like all apps the "prediction" is only as good as the Data - and the model that creates the data used.
The apps are NOT modelling. Just displaying.

I'll check out Flowex. One thing about Dark Sky, like the Waze driving app, is that users contribute to the data with the option to also report the weather in their area. I think that may (?) have at least some influence on the prediction for nearby areas.

I'll check out Flowex. One thing about Dark Sky, like the Waze driving app, is that users contribute to the data with the option to also report the weather in their area. I think that may (?) have at least some influence on the prediction for nearby areas.
Unless it's a certified permanent weather station then I'd be dubious. There are several home "stations" near me that upload to OpenWeatherMap - God knows where one of them has his temp sensor. One day he was showing close to 10°C and we had snow falling onto ice. Another has no wind data. Nothing against home data gathering - but there is a reason for the weird white louvre boxes.

Unless it's a certified permanent weather station then I'd be dubious. There are several home "stations" near me that upload to OpenWeatherMap - God knows where one of them has his temp sensor. One day he was showing close to 10°C and we had snow falling onto ice. Another has no wind data. Nothing against home data gathering - but there is a reason for the weird white louvre boxes.

I don't think the data is coming from home stations. Sounds like this link might (?) interest you....
How Dark Sky Is Changing Weather Forecasting With Machine Learning

Those of us using Dark Sky are very impressed with how it actually performs, however it's done. You might try it and see what you think.

Back