Fat, drunk & stupid is no way to go through life!

He's lucky his friend got him out of there before the cops showed. The DUI laws are at the point in most states that make it arrestable on private property (the bar p-lot) and they no longer have to see you in operation of the motor vehicle if they can articulate the finding at the scene.
I'm not as astute in the law as no doubt you are. I must argue however, knowledgeable intent would be hard to prove, thus a Constitutional question would come into play...But what poor individual has the means to take it to the Supremes to get justice.
(yes Im an LEO, Motor Officer too) to have PC (probable cause) and arrest you.
Again, actual knowledgeable intent to commit a crime (dui) would come into question. How about all the bystanders that are aware of this "knowledgeable intent" are they not party to the crime?
BTW more and more jursidictions are impounding vehicle motorcycles included and wont release them until you pay the local PD that arrested you in the range of $500 to $1000 just to release the car, then you hafta pay the tow company separately.
Depriving of property without due process is more and more the agenda. You gotta love facism:mad: The USA has the greatest prison population per capita of any nation on earth. An the greatest number of lawyers per capita, 1:265, in the world as well. And we must keep them happy:mad:

The Illinois legislature (insert any joke you wish, this f--kin state is the joke of the nation recently) has now authorized completely seizing vehicles is there is a 2nd conviction and/or death/great bodily harm was caused by the actions of the DUI driver
And most likely, the confiscated property benefits no others but the fascist government. Due process and fairness is in the toilet.

Too much law defeats the law. Like too many regulations invite violations. Or like tax extorsion promotes tax evasion.

The number of drivers or riders hitting Western European streets and roads without a valid driving license (the vast majority of the suspensions being due to benign, radar-trapped speeding excesses, NOT to DUI) is reportedly skyrocketting.

So is the number of cars and bikes with illegible or just plain missing rear plates.

(I can't even SEE my green machine's plate number, tucked under the rear guard, from a distance, can I?)

Just to try to say I kindda agree with you, Heretic:)

HeR3tic - the best thing to do is call a tow truck. That way you and your car make it home.

And the only intent needed is someone with a BAC over the legal limit and to be an operator of a motor vehicle. That means you're in/on the vehicle and keys within your control. And it's not a government conspiracy to compromise your personal rights, it is mainly through the very persistent lobbying of MAD that such laws exist. And they do protect the personal rights of others to on the road, remember driving is a privilege not an right.:D

This is what recently happened to the city manager of the city I used to work for and it is worth reading the entire article:

January 28, 2009

Police detail Heacock arrest
Toriano L. Porter - toriano.porter@examiner.net
The Examiner
A Lee's Summit police officer stopped Independence City Manager Robert Heacock early Tuesday morning after he observed "suspicous circumstances," according probable cause statement.

The statement, obtained by The Examiner Wednesday, also says that Heacock admitted to the officer that he had consumed at least "two or three beers, a shot of Southern Comfort and one shot of Jagermeister," in the hours before he was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.

Heacock was charged Tuesday by the Lee's Summit Police Department with operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated after leaving a bar in downtown Lee's Summit. He was released after posting a $300 bond.

According to a police report provided by the Lee's Summit Police Department, Heacock told the officer during an interview after Heacock's arrest that he did not feel as though he was under the influence of an alcoholic beverage at the time he left The Peanut bar in Lee's Summit. Heacock told the arresting officer he had been at The Peanut, 219 Southeast Main St., from 8 p.m. Monday night to 12:30 a.m. Tuesday morning, according to the police report.

Heacock earlier in the evening attended a City Council study session, which ended around 7 p.m.

According to the arresting officer, during routine patrol, the officer observed a black Lincoln LS reverse from a parking lot adjacent to The Peanut about 1:30 a.m. At the time the arresting officer noticed a front seat passenger in the vehicle, the police report states. The officer then observed the vehicle as it traveled into an alley and parked in the west lot of the Colony Professional Center at 200 Southeast Douglas Road.

The officer observed the vehicle park and watched as the driver - later identified as Heacock - exit the driver's seat to remove frost from the vehicle's windshield. According to the police report, at approximately 1:44 a.m. the officer returned to the alley and observed the black Lincoln LS with its headlights off still in Colony Center's parking lot, with the motor running. As the officer approached the vehicle, the police report states the officer noticed the driver's seat was still occupied, but could not see the person that had previously occupied the passenger seat.

Due to suspicious circumstances, the officer states in the report, he approached the Lincoln to investigate. The arresting officer states in the report he observed the duo replace items of clothing that had been shed before he approached the Lincoln on foot.

According to the police report, the officer met the driver at the driver's side and immediately noticed that the driver's trousers were lowered to mid-thigh. The driver repeatedly apologized for the indecency of the situation and suggested that if the officer would overlook his lewd behavior, the driver would drive directly home without further incident, the report states.

While speaking with Heacock, the officer detected a strong oder of an alcoholic beverage and noticed that Heacock's eyes were bloodshot and glassy.
According to the police report, the officer ordered Heacock to perform a series of field sobriety tests, which according to the police report, Heacock failed. Based on the circumstances, the officer states in the report, Heacock was placed under arrest for driving while intoxicated. The report said Heacock's driver's license was confiscated, and revoked.

Heacock's court date has been set for March 12.
Heacock declined to comment further on the incident Wednesday afternoon. He did issue a statement to The Examiner Tuesday.

"I do acknowledge that regardless of the outcome, this incident reflects poorly on the community and organization to which I have dedicated the last 10 years of service. For that, I offer my deepest and most sincere apologies," he said.
Reached for comment Wednesday, Independence Mayor Don Reimal read from the following statement: "All the members of the (City) Council have been made aware of the circumstances that Robert finds himself. Given the nature of the matter, the city will continue to monitor the situation and no additional comment will be made until after this matter is concluded."

I thought I would again respond, or perhaps argue further:D but it seems, non bike related jaw jacking is suppose to be on another forum and not Bear Claw corner. Tomo is back and hopping mad:eek: Went so far as to invoke nightmares of stinking puffers :D onto all non believers in rules (my interp).

Last edited:
:DOh! And one last thing: I not arguing what the rule by man system of justice is. We know that and how well that works. While I walk out the door to The Final Drive...:DI'll stay in my own lane:mad: I'm blaming it on you B. You've been around longest:rolleyes: And while I'm here, have you seen...Flipmeisters Rad Inserts? Beautiful!

Last edited:
Back