Fat, drunk & stupid is no way to go through life!

RocketDaryl

Top Fuel
Ride
2019 Indian Scout Sixty
I was sitting in (guitar) with a guy Friday night at a local biker bar. The place was pretty crowded, but there are two paticular "gentlemen" that catch my eye. I know one of them casually, that is to say I've met him at biker events in the past. I've never seen the guy that was with him. They are both HUGE (you'll realise why I mention this later).

Around 12:30 or so they decided to leave. There were three problems, however. One, it was raining like pooring pee out of a bucket. Two, they were on motorcycles. Finally, one of them (the stranger) was falling down, stupid drunk. Actually, there's a fourth problem. I should mention that the one I'm acquainted with isn't, shall we say, one of the sharper tools in the shed.

None of these "issues" deterred these two from endeavoring to explore the back roads of northwest Florida at midnight. Keep in mind, this is a dangerous place to ride at night in perfect conditions. We have tourist in the cities. We have deer, bear, etc... in the country. I can't count the deer on the side of the road when I ride at night. They're thicker than flies at a picnic.

They both bundled up (it was cold too) and headed out the door dressed in leather from head to toe. The sober one got on his bike and fired it up. The stranger (drunk as a skunk) flung his leg over his bike's seat and stood it up off the sidestand. It's too bad there wasn't a sidestand on the right hand side of the bike. It would've come in handy when he fell over to the right.

Sober one jumps off his bike (leaves it running) and goes to help drunk one. A few more folks run out of the bar to assist. I walk outside at this point and make, what I believe, is an obvious point, which is it's probably not a great idea to ride in the rain, especially not in his condition. He promptly tells me he's fine. So does his buddy. They tell the other folks that were trying to assist the same thing.

They get the bike fired up and the sober one gets back on his and leaves first. The drunk one pulls out on his. He gets on it because that's what you just HAVE to do when it's raining and the roads are slick and you've nice loud pipes to show off to everyone. Again, this guy is stupid drunk. This time his bike starts slipping and sliding from left to right because he broke traction.

He made it about 100 feet and started heading for the ditch. The ditch is full of water. He hit the ditch and turned his bike into a submarine. At this point, we all run up again and fish him and the bike out of the ditch. Apparently, however, the water was nice because he decided to fall backwards and land in it a second time. It took 4 of us to fish him out this time because he's limp as a dish rag.

His friend (sober one) came back and decided perhaps it was best if his friend didn't try to ride again for awhile. He caught a cab and took drunk one to a local motel.

Drunk one was very lucky. One, he could've killed himself. Two, someone was supposedly dialing the cops to stop him just as he crashed. If that's the case, he was going to jail. Everyone knew where they were headed and the road you take to get there.

Jail or likely death, that certainly sounds appealing to me. ;)

You are a lot kinder than me, if I had warned someone about his condition and he crashed I would stand and laugh at him or her if the bike caught fire I would maybe and I say maybe find it in my heart to piss on them.:mad::mad::mad:
I have a zero tolerance for drunks and motorized vehicles.

They should've definitely known better. Given their apparent age, 40-50, I'm guessing it probably wasn't their first experience and probably won't be their last. Frankly speaking, it was quite funny to witness. Of course, it wouldn't have been funny had anyone been injured. One person I told said he'd have left him in the ditch when he fell in the second time. He said that'd have solved the immediate problem. lol

This is certainly a good story to share! Even though you were witness it still makes light of the hazards when riding especially at night. You just dont know who is on the road at the same time. Ya got some nice people down there in the south.
Up here in the north they are not as freindly and would have been just fine to turn and look the other way while dialing the cops at the same time!!!

Thanks again for some enlightenment:D

mutt

Hope I don't have the pleasure of running into them while I'm home for two weeks, I would like to enjoy my time home.

Dennis

8 dtg Dubai
9 dtg Home...a single digit midget at last!

An entertaining tale:D, mostly thanks to the way you tell it, i.e. as if it were a movie of yours, having authored the script and directed the actors...oops... the stunt men through the shooting episode. "Dumb and dumber" , kind of, with the added excitment of booze and bikes;)

Now, on the politically-correct side: Whenever I help organize an outing for the local Rocket Owners Club (RCE) I pieced together 3 years ago, I have somewhat regretfully enforced a RULE for nights away from home: Once done with the ride of the day, participants HAVE TO park their mounts for good and drop their keys at the hotel or motel front desk and leave them there until the following morning. They can then hit the bar, have dinner and after-dinners aplenty, crack jokes, sing songs, etc, all they want

;)

Jamie

Last edited:
He's lucky his friend got him out of there before the cops showed. The DUI laws are at the point in most states that make it arrestable on private property (the bar p-lot) and they no longer have to see you in operation of the motor vehicle if they can articulate the finding at the scene. In this case there was a 1 vehicle traffic crash after he tried to ride in the water. That would be plenty here in Illinois for me (yes Im an LEO, Motor Officer too) to have PC (probable cause) and arrest you.

BTW more and more jursidictions are impounding vehicle motorcycles included and wont release them until you pay the local PD that arrested you in the range of $500 to $1000 just to release the car, then you hafta pay the tow company separately.

The Illinois legislature (insert any joke you wish, this f--kin state is the joke of the nation recently) has now authorized completely seizing vehicles is there is a 2nd conviction and/or death/great bodily harm was caused by the actions of the DUI driver

Thay guy was very lucky he got a cab home

Delaware has those DUI check points in my area once in awhile. The only one I stumbled across I was behind a guy on a new sportster with a temp tag. He was weaving a little but I thought maybe he was just getting used to the new bike. But when he went to stop at the check point he forgot to put his feet down. It looked like that guy on the tricycle from laugh in back in the 70's. We laughed our asses off!:D

hitchin post

Is it not likely that bikers are more apt to ride off drunk because they worry, that should they leave their bikes and hop a cab, that their ride will be gone in the morning? Whatif: Establishments provided secure overnight holding. I dare say, more would take advantage of it. A surcharge may be necessary to offset the insurance premiums but there's a few that would surely be greatful:rolleyes:

Back