@mexican Loopy,
The ride must go through Talihina in order to do the Talimena Scenic Drive!
What about meeting there or around there?

For those coming from the north or west, the Seeba Station in Warwick is also worthy of your consideration for a 1 -2 hour stop over.
Good idea, the only thing is that there may not be a motel big enough for more than 20 people, Talahina is a small town, Wilburton, Talahina , Heavener ar all within 20- 30 miles from each other, will ride the area as soon as i get time and will pick the best option for the group, will visit some old friends while we are in the area:)

Last edited:
Good idea, the only thing is that there may not be a motel big enough for more than 20 people, Talahina is a small town, Wilburton, Talahina , Heavener ar all within 20- 30 miles from each other, will ride the area as soon as i get time and will pick the best option for the group, will visit some old friends while we are in the area:)
Talahina, and Heavener are much better town's than wilburton:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

We always go to Pam’s hateful hussey dinner before we take the scenic pass!

For the past few falls i have been trying to ride the Talamina drive in Oklahoma and Arkansas, for one reason or another never got done, anybody interested? the projected date would be for the 3rd weekend of september, the headquarters would be somewhere around Sallisaw Oklahoma or Van Buren Arkansas and the area covered would be the Kiamichi Mountains, Texarkana, Talamina, Mena Arkansas, the Rollercoaster road in Oklahoma and all the local good roads from Van Buren to Fayetville.
I will do it regardless but i would do it with a bunch of guys and girls from this great forum.
:)
Do it on the fourth weekend. Would be nice to see more Rockets in the area during Bikes Blues and BBQ

Back