Fall detection switch ???

Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph R3 GT, 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT,
Some time ago my wife had a Moto Guzzi Breva 750. Her bike stopped a lot like mine. Took days to figure it iout but discovered it had a Fall Detection switch. If you lay your bike down it will shut it off. Hers was a mercury switch. Came across one on the Rocket's wiring diagram . #15 . Should be small and on the guzzi was below the seat, and hard to find. Anyone happen to know the location of this one. The dealer in OKC has quit handling Triumphs so that source is out.

:( I tested mine yesterday at a stop light; it works. While rolling to a stop, I slipped it into neutral. Once brakes were at full stop, the bike settled into a left lean and of course I put my left foot out to hold the bike upright. Wait, WTF, my boot lace is caught on the shift lever. Of crap!!! So much for riding with new boots. Bike gently tilted over till engine guard and bag rail touched tarmac followed by yours truly. Bike ran for a few seconds then shut off. I am happy to report that it lifted upright a few seconds later before the light could go green. I cannot detect where it touched the deck at all. I am very happy for the guards to say the least. Now to make sure I always keep those dang laces out of the way. Hazard the thought of having pretty pillion onboard for such a mishap…:thumbsdown:

Close escape Boog :thumbsup: I have Velcro strips on my boots..do the laces up then fold them and pull the Velcro across :thumbsup:
I learned the hard way :oops:

RJ

i tested mine several times. a few of the times it just kept on running and spinning the rear tire till i turned the key off. i don't know the comp uses this fall detection switch but one of the things it might do is prevent it from starting if you hit the starter button.
just a thought

Back