Fairing

Mine has the driving lights same as DRMD421 has.
It shows in the picture that I may have to cut out for those?

Only thing I cut was the area around the headlight so it would slip over it. The fog lights actually touch the fairing and help hold it in place. I chose to lean mine back quite a bit. I only made 2 brackets to mount it to the forks. I also added foam trim around the headlight, and bought an inner fairing and trimmed the radio area out since I leaned it back so far. Since I am going with the old hot rod theme, I've got to find a couple of vintage remake gauges for the inner fairing. Please excuse the multiple posts because my IPad will only let me post one at a time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 170
Foam door trim around the headlight and I cut the entire bottom of the fairing off under the light so it slips straight down onto it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 252
You can't see them but there are two braces behind the gauge holes made out of 1 inch aluminum flat.i used the 2 existing bolts that hold the chrome bar just above the chrome plate behind the headlight. I didn't drill any holes anywhere on the bike. I gave 200 for the fairing and 150 for the inner fairing. A dollar here and there for the foam trim and aluminum and bolts. Very happy with it. I can take it off in about 10 minutes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 258
Thank you for your pictures and your help .
I am placing an order today for the fairing and the shield.
I may still need your help if I happen to run into problems.
Am ordering the plain one here, as I do not want or need a stereo.
Front Fairing for Harley Davidson Touring Black Brand New | eBay

No problem, just let me know. That's just the outer fairing which I installed first but after a couple of days I didn't like the hollow look of the outer edges on the inside. I opted to go with the inner section also, but cut the stereo section out. I prefer to go with an ipod with 1 earbud so I can hear traffic out of the other ear.

My fairing

I put my fairing on and it looks great! everything went really smoothly and am very happy with it.
I ended up going with the Tsukayu fairing as it was already painted gloss black and the hardware to mount it to the forks was included.
They are having a sale on R3T fairings so I got that, a good deal.
It is well finished in nice gloss black on both the outside and on the inside.
I was a little concerned that quality would be an issue but no, it is really a nicely made fairing.
I have my 5 inch Garmin GPS mount to the top inside of the fairing and it looks really sharp.And its shaded and darker in there so its easy to see.
With the Bluetooth Eco Route program on the GPS all my gauges including RPM are clearly visible.
Will post pictures tomorrow when it stops raining..
Tsukayu Fairing, Hard Saddlebags and Touring Trunk

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 170
Just getting mine ready to put on got to get the audio put in it and final buff and wet sand done should get it done later this week

Attachments

• IMG_1741.jpg
    IMG_1741.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1743.jpg
    IMG_1743.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1746.jpg
    IMG_1746.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 82
one more of the front

Attachments