Reading over this old post got me to thinking, which usually isn't a good thing. After watching eBay for an evening I ended up with this Harley fairing for 200 bucks. Paint and pinstripes match perfectly. This is just the shell. I'll go back and pick up the innards little by little. I have a shorty black windshield on the way I gave 40 bucks for. I actually enjoy the challenge of making the brackets and such so why not save a buck or two?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 343
fairing

You did a great job, it looks great!
I would love to do the same with my bike.
What model of Harley fairing is it ?
I will watch ebay for another one.

Shorty windshield came in today. Made some aluminum brackets to hold the fairing, mounted the windshield and bags. Got some extra room now below there to mount the GPS. It's darker under there so maybe I can see it better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 226
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=190784869282

Thanks! That's the actual fairing I bought. I'll add more photos of the brackets when I get them installed.

If you get the chance can you show how you mounted the fairing?
Also did you have to make cutouts for the fog lamps?
I am ready soon to order a fairing and just need to know I am getting the right one that will work with my R3T.
Will this one work?
Front Fairing for Harley Davidson Touring Black Brand New | eBay

Retro Harley Fairing

I did the same. After checking e-bay, I bought a Roadking fairing for $200. Installed the Triumph windshield brackets, a pocket that holds the amp for the MP3 and an accessory outlet. I bought a clockwerks windshield and had it painted black. Now I can install the fairing or the windshield. Although I never take off the fairing.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• SNC16277.jpg
    SNC16277.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 439
Back